Solved

What is the best power supply for a nVidia GTX 770?

Hey everyone, I am interested in purchasing a GTX 770 as an upgrade for my PC but I need a new PSU. I am thinking about the Corsair CX-600 V3, the Antec VP650, Corsair VS-750 and the HCG-620w. I am looking for a PSU under $100 and I will be overclocking, any suggestions?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply nvidia gtx 770
  1. How about a SeaSonic M12II 850W? It is under $100, semi-modular, and will be more than sufficient for GTX 770 SLI and any overclocking you plan to do.
  2. get the 750w unit if give you some overhead.
  3. ksham said:
    How about a SeaSonic M12II 850W? It is under $100, semi-modular, and will be more than sufficient for GTX 770 SLI and any overclocking you plan to do.


    Thing is, I live in Australia and that unit is very expensive over here.
  4. XFX core edition 750W $109
    http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=606870

    Made by seasonic, one of the top PSU makers right now.

    You also mention the HCG-620w in your original post. How much can you get it for? That's also made by seasonic and great quality.
  5. How about this XFX Core Edition 750W PSU? XFX PSUs are manufactured by SeaSonic. It's not modular though, so the wires do take up a lot of space.

    Sniped by @jimthenagual. Good stuff.
  6. Best answer
    The Antec HCG620 is the best unit of the lot. Corsair CX is their budget line and VS could be called budget budget not available in the western hemisphere. Antec VP is as well a budget product while the HCG is enthusiast level.

    Because of all the posts above the HCG is manufactured by Seasonic and got good reviews http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page673.htm
  7. How about this XFX Core Edition 750W PSU? XFX PSUs are manufactured by SeaSonic. It's not modular though, so the wires do take up a lot of space.


    I can't get that one either unfortunately. I'm getting my GPU from PCCG and don't especially want to order from another website too and pay more shipping. Thanks though.
  8. Maybe you should've mentioned that in your first post. Anyway, then I would suggest what rolli59 suggested. That is probably the best one. It's not under $100, but only over by $5.

    There's also the Antec HCG 620M, which is a semi-modular PSU if you are concerned about the tidiness of cable management. It is $10 more than the non-modular version.

    Do keep in mind that I would not SLI GTX 770 under that PSU. But with one card, it will work great with more than enough room for overclocking.
  9. ksham said:
    Maybe you should've mentioned that in your first post. Anyway, then I would suggest what rolli59 suggested. That is probably the best one. It's not under $100, but only over by $5.

    There's also the Antec HCG 620M, which is a semi-modular PSU if you are concerned about the tidiness of cable management. It is $10 more than the non-modular version.

    Do keep in mind that I would not SLI GTX 770 under that PSU. But with one card, it will work great with more than enough room for overclocking.


    Yep that card looks really good, thanks! Some of the reviews state the noise is an issue, is it really that bad?
  10. I guess it depends on the cooler. I have a EVGA GTX 770 w/ ACX cooler and it can be a bit noisy when I crank it up, but usually, I would have a game on and the game sounds will hugely blow away the sound of the graphics card. It's not whiny or anything, just regular fan noise.
  11. ksham said:
    I guess it depends on the cooler. I have a EVGA GTX 770 w/ ACX cooler and it can be a bit noisy when I crank it up, but usually, I would have a game on and the game sounds will hugely blow away the sound of the graphics card. It's not whiny or anything, just regular fan noise.


    Apologies, I messed up I was referring to the unit's noise not the cards >.< stupid me
    So is the antec hcg's noise that bad?
  12. Woah actually guys I found this PSU called the Thermaltake Smart Power 650w or 750w and they look really good and have good reviews. Would you guys recommend 'em?
  13. Not many professional reviews on that smart line here and what ever is is mediocre at the best http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page680.htm
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Components Nvidia Gtx Graphics Cards