Solved

ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 AMP! Edition 2gb vs Zotac gt650ti 1gb

Which one is more recommended for mid settings 1080p gaming ??
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about zotac nvidia geforce gtx 650 amp edition 2gb zotac gt650ti 1gb
  1. The ti version only comes with 1gb of ram but performance wise it will leave the non ti version in the dust since the core is based on GK 106 instead of GK 107 that comes with GT 640 and GTX 650.
  2. renz496 said:
    The ti version only comes with 1gb of ram but performance wise it will leave the non ti version in the dust since the core is based on GK 106 instead of GK 107 that comes with GT 640 and GTX 650.


    Should I go for ti version ???
    what about the performance of "ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 AMP! Edition 2gb" to the -ti one, is it huge or marginal. I don't need ultra quality but it should run games quite comfortably at near 30fps or more, its ok if it is achieved at medium settings as my monitor is 1080p.
  3. You can check this review for further detail. In general 650 Ti is about 26% faster than 650 at 1080p.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_SSC/27.html
  4. renz496 said:
    You can check this review for further detail. In general 650 Ti is about 26% faster than 650 at 1080p.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_SSC/27.html


    thanks for the response, my doubt - Is there any noticeable gain in performance of gt650 overclocked amp edition over standard gt650, Is it any close to gt650ti.
  5. In order of performance:
    650, 650 OC, 650Ti

    Other:
    1) If you have 32-bit Windows then get the 1GB version or you'll probably lose System Memory.

    2) I'm not sure why you specifically mention the Zotac cards but this card from ASUS is a great card:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121728

    That's the 2GB version. Again, if you have 32-bit Windows I recommend the 1GB.
  6. abhije said:
    renz496 said:
    You can check this review for further detail. In general 650 Ti is about 26% faster than 650 at 1080p.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_SSC/27.html


    thanks for the response, my doubt - Is there any noticeable gain in performance of gt650 overclocked amp edition over standard gt650, Is it any close to gt650ti.


    It will be a bit faster than vanilla 650 but it will not touch 650 Ti territory.
  7. photonboy said:
    In order of performance:
    650, 650 OC, 650Ti

    Other:
    1) If you have 32-bit Windows then get the 1GB version or you'll probably lose System Memory.

    2) I'm not sure why you specifically mention the Zotac cards but this card from ASUS is a great card:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121728

    That's the 2GB version. Again, if you have 32-bit Windows I recommend the 1GB.


    I'm from india and here prices are huge and availability is limited, Asus's cards are too costly and ti-variants are not available rt now, all we have zotac ones and they offer more value, I have used zotac card and still using its gt240 1gb ddr5 one for more than 3yrs, so I trust them.

    My operating system is window 8.1 64bit with 4gb ram and core i3 3220 cpu plus Corsair CX430V2 - PSU.
  8. renz496 said:
    abhije said:
    renz496 said:
    You can check this review for further detail. In general 650 Ti is about 26% faster than 650 at 1080p.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_SSC/27.html


    thanks for the response, my doubt - Is there any noticeable gain in performance of gt650 overclocked amp edition over standard gt650, Is it any close to gt650ti.


    It will be a bit faster than vanilla 650 but it will not touch 650 Ti territory.


    Is gt650 2gb amp edition is suitable for mid level gaming at 1080p or I should go for 650ti 1gb?? I can't find any benchmark on gt650 2gb amp edition, if there is any please notify me.
  9. Best answer
    650 is considered as entry level gaming card. for 1080p people will want to get midrange card at the very least if they want to play on high setting with decent frame rates. that is 7800 series for amd 7k and 660 series on nvidia side. hence going for 650 Ti is much better option in you case. the extra VRAM on non ti 650 won't matter much since the card itself are not strong enough for 1080p resolution.
  10. renz496 said:
    650 is considered as entry level gaming card. for 1080p people will want to get midrange card at the very least if they want to play on high setting with decent frame rates. that is 7800 series for amd 7k and 660 series on nvidia side. hence going for 650 Ti is much better option in you case. the extra VRAM on non ti 650 won't matter much since the card itself are not strong enough for 1080p resolution.


    Ok now I stick to 650ti 1gb thanks for the great advice, one more doubt about brands, which one is more reliable Gainward, Galaxy or Zotac, these are the brands of which 650ti is available to me !!
  11. abhije said:
    renz496 said:
    650 is considered as entry level gaming card. for 1080p people will want to get midrange card at the very least if they want to play on high setting with decent frame rates. that is 7800 series for amd 7k and 660 series on nvidia side. hence going for 650 Ti is much better option in you case. the extra VRAM on non ti 650 won't matter much since the card itself are not strong enough for 1080p resolution.


    Ok now I stick to 650ti 1gb thanks for the great advice, one more doubt about brands, which one is more reliable Gainward, Galaxy or Zotac, these are the brands of which 650ti is available to me !!


    All three were fine brand
  12. abhije said:
    renz496 said:
    650 is considered as entry level gaming card. for 1080p people will want to get midrange card at the very least if they want to play on high setting with decent frame rates. that is 7800 series for amd 7k and 660 series on nvidia side. hence going for 650 Ti is much better option in you case. the extra VRAM on non ti 650 won't matter much since the card itself are not strong enough for 1080p resolution.


    Ok now I stick to 650ti 1gb thanks for the great advice, one more doubt about brands, which one is more reliable Gainward, Galaxy or Zotac, these are the brands of which 650ti is available to me !!


    All three were fine brand
  13. renz496 said:
    abhije said:
    renz496 said:
    650 is considered as entry level gaming card. for 1080p people will want to get midrange card at the very least if they want to play on high setting with decent frame rates. that is 7800 series for amd 7k and 660 series on nvidia side. hence going for 650 Ti is much better option in you case. the extra VRAM on non ti 650 won't matter much since the card itself are not strong enough for 1080p resolution.


    Ok now I stick to 650ti 1gb thanks for the great advice, one more doubt about brands, which one is more reliable Gainward, Galaxy or Zotac, these are the brands of which 650ti is available to me !!


    All three were fine brand


    Also:
    1) Look at length of WARRANTY.

    2) Look at customer reviews if you can find them, mainly just to see if there's a major problem with a card FAILING.

    3) Look at the COOLING SOLUTION (Some may be much noisier than others).

    AMD vs NVIDIA:
    a) you can look up the BENCHMARKS to compare (GPU frequency can vary in cards you buy such as 850MHz vs 1000MHz so take that into account. An HD7850 for example with a BETTER COOLER might have a higher GPU frequency and better performance than a slightly cheaper HD7850)

    b) AMD FREE GAMES:
    Here are the details but you get TWO games chosen from the SILVER list for an HD7850 or HD7870->
    http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/nsreloadedforever.aspx

    I recommend DIRT3 and DMC from this list from how well they'll perform with an HD7870 or below.

    *I can NOT verify if NVidia is a better deal because I don't know what the PRICES are, but again:
    - look at benchmarks
    - look at prices
    - free AMD games.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics