Corsair Vengeance vs Crucial Ballistix Sport XT

38 answers Last reply
More about corsair vengeance crucial ballistix sport
  1. Um.. neither. I would recommend low-profile RAM. DDR3 does not run hot. You do not need those long heat spreaders. They just take up more space and can make it harder if you're installing an aftermarket CPU Cooler.
  2. blue dimms look fine,.
  3. Will the Hyper 212 EVO fit on the mobo with it? And I'm talking bout performance not look.
  4. They're essentially the same... the corsair is slightly sower but with slightly better timings... real world they'll perform the same.
    i'd get the one that's a hot deal today
  5. LukeMaBoy said:
    Will the Hyper 212 EVO fit on the mobo with it? And I'm talking bout performance not look.

    Yes; but the top of the heat spreaders will be blocking part of the fan. You also cannot orient your CPU Cooler to blow upward with those tall heat spreaders.
  6. I would personally go for the crucial because of the price differenece isn't enough to buy the corsair, timings are better yes, but crucial is actually one of the biggest memory manufacturers in the world with some of the most reliable memory out there. I own 16 gb of low profile ballistic tactical performance ram and it has been great
  7. You might run into a problem with height this true, make sure you either get a low profile heatsink and fan for your cpu or that you'll have enough headway for your ram. That is a good thought ksham
  8. You might run into a problem with height this true, make sure you either get a low profile heatsink and fan for your cpu or that you'll have enough headway for your ram. That is a good thought ksham
  9. I dont' know much about CPU coolers, will it work properly? I just wan't the CPU cooler to work like its supposed to. Will it?
  10. Okay are you stick with a stock cooler the one the cpu came with? list me some of your rig real quick I will let you know
  11. @Travellerr25: what do you mean by "low profile heatsink"?

    @LukeMaBoy: yes; it will work properly. But I am suggesting that you get low-profile RAM. See @Sakkura's post.
  12. Also is there a reason you need 16 gb of ram, are you using your pc build for gaming or more? usually the average gamer won't use more than 8 the whole time he or she is running pc.
  13. I'm getting the FX-6300, and a lot of people say the heat sync is loud. I'm getting the ASRock MB-970EX4 mobo. The case is the NZXT guardian 921 RB. If the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO won't wit can you find a good after market CPU cooler that is good that will work?
  14. it was more of the fact that certain heatsinks are huuge. and then certain heatsinks are capable enough for the use with are reduced in height and bulk, I am asking is he going to overclock? because if he is using the stock cooler I dont see how that would effect his ram even with the fins? am I wrong in this case?
  15. The reason I'm getting 16GB of RAM is because I game and I use programs like AutoCAD. I am going to be running a Minecraft server as well. I hope to do some video editing soon also.
  16. I have the hyper plus, but ksham is right when he says it is better to go with low profile ram, I did. I am actually looking for prices now. One second I will get back to you. the hyper evo is great for air cooling.
  17. I would go for water cooling but my build isn't high end enough to really need that.
  18. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231615
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231606 the ares is low profile plus 10% off and both a good ram. DAMN ram go expensive my ram is like 200$ for 16gb now. I got for a 100 on sale 5 months ago
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231671 this is much faseter frequency than you need but it is cheaper than many of them
  19. on black friday I might consider it(water cooling) just because of potential to go higher frequency than I am at I run at 4.2 steady, have gotten 4.6 and was stable but didn't try more than that I just bought my friends budget build that cpu fx-6300 is nice for the price
  20. Travellerr25 said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231615
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231606 the ares is low profile plus 10% off and both a good ram. DAMN ram go expensive my ram is like 200$ for 16gb now. I got for a 100 on sale 5 months ago
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231671 this is much faseter frequency than you need but it is cheaper than many of them

    Much more expensive than the kits I linked earlier. Not worth the premium IMO.
  21. Which of the corsair liquid cooling would be good for my build, and where could i put the fan?
  22. Okay so there is this liquid cooling which since your case doesnt look huge you go with this going out the back where your 120/140 mm fan would be maybe eve out the side if you dont mind the hose going across the width of your case.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031
  23. Okay so there is this liquid cooling which since your case doesnt look huge you go with this going out the back where your 120/140 mm fan would be maybe eve out the side if you dont mind the hose going across the width of your case.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031
  24. but there also seems to be a mesh grill going up top for a fan placement so that might be ideal for you liquid cooling fan that you don't have to sacrifice any of chassis cooling by removing one of your case fans. Yeah if I am right about the mesh grill placement being an optional fan mount put one there, there is other liquid cooling units from corsair (since you seem to like them,they do have good build quality) you could also find a nzxt one probably and coolerr master makes decently priced single fan units.
  25. Now as far as cases go is the one you chose because you like the looks of it, or was because the parts for the price?
  26. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146027 this one is the same manfacturer as your case and tom's hardware smartbuy award, and aesthetically has the same type of white fan your case uses. So, if that type of thing is important to you which why not your putting money into this make it look nice I would go with the last one I just linked.
  27. @Travellerr25: there is an edit button. Best to concatenate all your posts into one so you're not flooding the thread.

    @LukeMaBoy: the heatsink will fit. Obviously, that's important. The problem is so simple. Just buy low-profile RAM, which do not have tall heat spreaders, and don't worry about those tall heat spreaders being in the way of heatsink. I don't understand why this is dragging on. Also, heatsinks are NOT loud. Unless it is crackling, which I would be very concerned because your computer will probably explode way before that happens. The noise comes from fans. You can replace fans in these heatsinks so you shouldn't worry about it. As for Corsair CLC, it depends on what case you have.
  28. ksham said:
    @Travellerr25: there is an edit button. Best to concatenate all your posts into one so you're not flooding the thread.

    @LukeMaBoy: the heatsink will fit. Obviously, that's important. The problem is so simple. Just buy low-profile RAM, which do not have tall heat spreaders, and don't worry about those tall heat spreaders being in the way of heatsink. I don't understand why this is dragging on. Also, heatsinks are NOT loud. Unless it is crackling, which I would be very concerned because your computer will probably explode way before that happens. The noise comes from fans. You can replace fans in these heatsinks so you shouldn't worry about it. As for Corsair CLC, it depends on what case you have.


    I apologize I have never really posted on tom's hardware Have used it for references plenty. Also I know heatsink is not the reason for the noise but I believe luke just had other questions he wanted feedback on, which I can understand the desire for feedback and opinions when building a pc. Sorry by this dragging on if that is annoying you, but I figure it is better than him starting a whole new thread. Have you looked at ram prices for low profile the ones I linked were some of the cheapest on newegg.


    ksham @Travellerr25: the last part was addressed to OP (@LukeMaBoy), not to you.

    Okay I wasn't sure if I was, and I have a question regarding my rig and from reading your posts I figured you might have some opinions is it fine if I message you? so as I am not turning someone else's thread into mine.
  29. @Travellerr25: the last part was addressed to OP (@LukeMaBoy), not to you.
  30. The reason I'm getting the case is because of the looks, the price, and it has some pretty good features. I am not dead set on this case though. I'm just having a hard time deciding which one to buy. I love the corsair cases but the price is steep. Say I am going to buy the Crucial Ballistix Sport XT RAM, and I am getting the rest of the parts I mentioned earlier, will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Plus fit in the mobo with the RAM without a problem?
  31. @LukeMaBoy: you never posted up what case or motherboard you have. Without knowing that, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO officially supports the following sockets: LGA 1366, 1150, 1155, AM3+, FM1, and FM2.
  32. LukeMaBoy said:
    I'm getting the FX-6300, and a lot of people say the heat sync is loud. I'm getting the ASRock MB-970EX4 mobo. The case is the NZXT guardian 921 RB. If the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO won't wit can you find a good after market CPU cooler that is good that will work?


    ksham said:
    @LukeMaBoy: you never posted up what case or motherboard you have. Without knowing that, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO officially supports the following sockets: LGA 1366, 1150, 1155, AM3+, FM1, and FM2.


    I'm getting the FX-6300, and a lot of people say the heat sync is loud. I'm getting the ASRock MB-970EX4 mobo. The case is the NZXT guardian 921 RB. If the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO won't wit can you find a good after market CPU cooler that is good that will work?
  33. My apologies. I missed that post.

    Yes; the cooler is compatible with that motherboard and will fit into you case if and only if you remove the side fan.
  34. ksham said:
    My apologies. I missed that post.

    Yes; the cooler is compatible with that motherboard and will fit into you case if and only if you remove the side fan.


    The side fan on the panel of the case? Because I planned on doing that anyway because It would look better. Will the RAM fit in there nice though? And with liquid cooling what could I do in this case? And will the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 fit in there with it all?
  35. Yes; the RAM will fit nicely alongside the cooler. As for liquid cooling, I would stick to single 120mm or 140mm radiators. The case does not appear to have mounting for radiators larger than that.

    And yes; the HD 7950 will fit without issues.
  36. ksham said:
    Yes; the RAM will fit nicely alongside the cooler. As for liquid cooling, I would stick to single 120mm or 140mm radiators. The case does not appear to have mounting for radiators larger than that.

    And yes; the HD 7950 will fit without issues.


    The RAM I'm getting isn't low profile, but it will still work fine?
  37. Yes, it will block the cooler's fan a bit because it stick up. And be careful placing them in.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory