Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this video card fit into this motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 145 ) Power supply
a c 92 U Graphics card
a c 106 V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 5:53:35 PM

Yes, the motherboard has a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot open, and that graphics card will fit in it perfectly.

(You will also want to make sure your power supply is strong enough for a new graphics card.)
m
0
l
October 23, 2013 5:55:24 PM

Make sure it fits in your case also!
m
0
l
Related resources
October 23, 2013 6:06:43 PM

You know, I've seen this one 500w power supply for $40 but, I am kinda scared to buy it since it's really cheap. But, I've also heard that LEPA does a really good job with power supplies. Do you think this is a good choice for a power supply supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And some people also recommend really expensive boards to go along with AMD 6300 (+100) but this one seems like it would do the job well, does it really make a difference?
jimthenagual said:
Yes, the motherboard has a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot open, and that graphics card will fit in it perfectly.

(You will also want to make sure your power supply is strong enough for a new graphics card.)

m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 6:20:24 PM

yes, the PCIe 3.0 is backwards compatible to PCIe 2.0,it will fit perfectly.
I am not updated with that new generations of cards,but it is high profile, so take a look at MAX TDP to find a good branded certified PSU to work properly.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 145 ) Power supply
a c 92 U Graphics card
a c 106 V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 6:22:13 PM

For that power supply, the fact that it only has a 2 year warranty says all I would want to know about it. If they only trust it for 2 years, it can't be all that good.

Seasonic is arguably the best psu maker right now, extremely high quality. Here is one made by them for XFX selling for $10 more (after mail in rebate).
http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&s...

As for the motherboard, there are so many factors. That one you are looking at is an amazing price, and Asus is my favorite maker. But as expected, for a cheaper price, you get less options and cheaper parts on the board. For example, you have no sata 6gb/s connections (really only an issue if you want to run an SSD) and no usb 3.0 connections on that board (only usb 2.0). If that's not an issue for you, and for many it won't make a difference, and you are on a tight budget, then I'd say go for it.
Share
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 6:25:34 PM

asalikus said:
You know, I've seen this one 500w power supply for $40 but, I am kinda scared to buy it since it's really cheap. But, I've also heard that LEPA does a really good job with power supplies. Do you think this is a good choice for a power supply supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And some people also recommend really expensive boards to go along with AMD 6300 (+100) but this one seems like it would do the job well, does it really make a difference?
jimthenagual said:
Yes, the motherboard has a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot open, and that graphics card will fit in it perfectly.

(You will also want to make sure your power supply is strong enough for a new graphics card.)



I recommend you 600W and up if possible,Corsair GS,TX,HX series.
or XFX,Antec.all use SEASONIC topologies, good luck

m
0
l
October 23, 2013 6:32:30 PM

There's a promotion and I can get it for $50!
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 145 ) Power supply
a c 92 U Graphics card
a c 106 V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 6:32:48 PM

That is a much better power supply than you were first looking at. Corsair is a great company. Note that the CX is their entry level PSU, and not quite of the standards of their other PSUs (or the one I linked you for $49.99 ;) ).
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 6:38:04 PM

compared to CX series from corsair, the XFXs are much better(better efficiency and lower rippley-noise levels)
m
0
l
October 23, 2013 6:41:03 PM

Alright I guess XFX is the best choice!Thanks!
juanjostorreshernndez said:
compared to CX series from corsair, the XFXs are much better(better efficiency and lower rippley-noise levels)


m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 23, 2013 6:44:32 PM

asalikus said:
Alright I guess XFX is the best choice!Thanks!
juanjostorreshernndez said:
compared to CX series from corsair, the XFXs are much better(better efficiency and lower rippley-noise levels)




OK, so happy to help you



m
0
l
!