Sign in with
Your question

HD 7970 crossfire eyefinity (Triple monitor) 1 screen start shutoff

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 23, 2013 6:53:46 PM

I am running 2x Sapphire HD 7970 OC with boost with 3 ASUS VN 247H-Ps

I have all the connections connected to the first card (top) and when I power my system up one of the screens will always start powered off as if no signal is received. However windows still recognizes it as being connected and desktop is extended. I have to manually disable and enable the monitor to get it to work.

NOTE: Although I use eyefinity I do not have it enable during start up. I am using 2x DVI port and 1 HDMI port. The one that doesn't start is the bottom DVI port.

The card is Sapphire Hd 7970 OC w/ boost. Using Bios 2 with OC settings.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
October 23, 2013 7:11:47 PM

as far as i know you should be using either 2 dvi and 1 display port, or 1 dvi, 1 hdmi and one display port. one of the dvis are shared with the hdmi. Apart from that, there are major issues when running crossfire + eyefinity, nearly 50% dropped frames and graphical artifacts among the worst of them. Apparently amd are working on a driver fix, if that will ever happen i dont know.....

http://techreport.com/news/25428/driver-fix-for-crossfi...
m
l
October 23, 2013 7:21:22 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
as far as i know you should be using either 2 dvi and 1 display port, or 1 dvi, 1 hdmi and one display port. one of the dvis are shared with the hdmi. Apart from that, there are major issues when running crossfire + eyefinity, nearly 50% dropped frames and graphical artifacts among the worst of them. Apparently amd are working on a driver fix, if that will ever happen i dont know.....

http://techreport.com/news/25428/driver-fix-for-crossfi...

When I researched AMD eyefinity i thought the display port limitation were only applied to their 5xxx series cards. Is there a difference with CF setup and triple monitors than single card?

P.S Ive read that article wasn't it about frame pacing issues?
m
l
!