Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Windows 8 64 bit usb problem ?

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
October 24, 2013 5:23:38 AM

I updated my windows 8 64 bit OEM to windows 8.1 64 bit and when I turned my pc on the keyboard and mouse weren't working so I connected this old ps/2 mouse and it worked then I went in the devise manager and uninstalled my mouse and keyboard after that I restarted my pc and the mouse and keyboard were fine but after when I shut down the pc and turned it back on it had the same problem the mouse and keyboard weren't working. What can I do A?


Thanks
October 24, 2013 5:41:53 AM

What kind of mouse and keyboard do you have?
m
0
l
October 24, 2013 6:10:29 AM

James62389 said:
What kind of mouse and keyboard do you have?


I have the logitech M705 and a HP keyboard
m
0
l
Related resources
October 24, 2013 6:44:59 AM

I would check the website of your mouse and keyboard manufacturer, as they may have had driver updates or 8.1 solutions. Also I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again. Except this time run Driver Sweeper(Guru3D), its a free program, after you uninstall the driver via device manager. This will clean up all of the excess files that may have been left behind. There might have been conflicting files when you tried to reinstall.

I'm not saying this will work for sure, but just some thoughts. Let me know if this works. Thanks and good luck with your issue.
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
October 24, 2013 7:55:01 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem. Are you happened to have Asus motherboard? For your amusement, read my thread on Microsoft site. They combined several threads in to one, therefor it is all over the place, but it can be fun reading. No solution. I have Asus motherboard Deluxe version, and they got rid od PS2 ports, so for me there was no other way but to reinstall OS. I was advised to disable the xHCI in the USB preferences on the BIOS, and check that the "Legacy USB" option is activated" It supposed to turn USB 3 to USB 2. I did not try it- I have try to put it on "Enabled" instead of "Smart Auto"- did not work. Also after I reinstalled OS, I did not have this problem. If you are on Asus, try to uninstall USB 3 boost- it came with the IA Suite on Asus motherboard disk. Right now I do not have that suite installed and I have no issues so far. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...
m
0
l
October 24, 2013 7:55:38 AM

James62389 said:
I would check the website of your mouse and keyboard manufacturer, as they may have had driver updates or 8.1 solutions. Also I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again. Except this time run Driver Sweeper(Guru3D), its a free program, after you uninstall the driver via device manager. This will clean up all of the excess files that may have been left behind. There might have been conflicting files when you tried to reinstall.

I'm not saying this will work for sure, but just some thoughts. Let me know if this works. Thanks and good luck with your issue.

HI James62389 I updated my drivers and after that I went in to device manager and uninstalled the drivers after uninstalling the drivers I ran driver sweeper and restarted my pc, when I restarted my pc the keyboard and mouse driver downloaded automatic so the mouse and keyboard worked. But after that I shut down my pc and turned it on again ad I had the same problem.
Thanks for the advice but it did not work.

m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
October 24, 2013 7:57:15 AM

See my post above.
m
0
l
October 24, 2013 7:58:09 AM

Astralv said:
Sorry to hear about your problem. Are you happened to have Asus motherboard? For your amusement, read my thread on Microsoft site. They combined several threads in to one, therefor it is all over the place, but it can be fun reading. No solution. I have Asus motherboard Deluxe version, and they got rid od PS2 ports, so for me there was no other way but to reinstall OS. I was advised to disable the xHCI in the USB preferences on the BIOS, and check that the "Legacy USB" option is activated" It supposed to turn USB 3 to USB 2. I did not try it- I have try to put it on "Enabled" instead of "Smart Auto"- did not work. Also after I reinstalled OS, I did not have this problem. If you are on Asus, try to uninstall USB 3 boost- it came with the IA Suite on Asus motherboard disk. Right now I do not have that suite installed and I have no issues so far. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...


hi Astralv I have the ASUS VI EXTREME
m
0
l

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
October 24, 2013 8:01:03 AM

Well- hello then! Welcome to my nightmare. 4 days of down time. As I stated earlier- did you install AI Suit (or how ever it called) from Asus disk? Get rid of USB 3 boost. Also how did you get in to device manager? I can not find "Computer" in Win 8.1.
Share
October 24, 2013 8:10:56 AM

Astralv said:
Well- hello then! Welcome to my nightmare. 4 days of down time. As I stated earlier- did you install AI Suit (or how ever it called) from Asus disk? Get rid of USB 3 boost. Also how did you get in to device manager? I can not find "Computer" in Win 8.1.

Hi Astralv yes I installed ASUS AI Suite III and I will get rid of it now.
Device Manager
you go in to the windows star menu and click the little arrow down and you should see allot of programs find control panel and open it. Then go to Hardware and Sound open that and under Device and Printers with blue it should say Device Manager on the right hand side.

m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
October 24, 2013 8:15:37 AM

Ok, I see it now. Thanks. Have you seen "Computer" anywhere? I swear it was there last time I installed OS but this time I don't have it.
m
0
l
October 24, 2013 8:30:22 AM

Astralv said:
Well- hello then! Welcome to my nightmare. 4 days of down time. As I stated earlier- did you install AI Suit (or how ever it called) from Asus disk? Get rid of USB 3 boost. Also how did you get in to device manager? I can not find "Computer" in Win 8.1.


HI Astralv I got rid of usb 3 boost and every thing works perfectly thanks allot for the help.
m
0
l
October 24, 2013 8:32:51 AM

Astralv said:
Ok, I see it now. Thanks. Have you seen "Computer" anywhere? I swear it was there last time I installed OS but this time I don't have it.


No I cant see computer
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
October 24, 2013 8:33:17 AM

Great!

I wish I could do it myself- I had NO USB support- I could not log in. I was trying to use Remote Desktop to log in but it failed to connect. So- is there a way to install AI Suit without USB 3 boost? Are they the same program? I need AI Boot for Fan Expert.
m
0
l
!