Solved

First time picking parts. Looking to purchase ASAP (Today?) Feedback is appreciated! :)

Hey guys,

Decided to attempt picking parts for the first time on my own so I have most likely screwed up somewhere. Can someone give some feedback on this selection? Trying to do a cheaper build for my sister for just basic office work and general use. No gaming will be done except for facebook games. In her words she wants something relatively fast but doesn't want to spend much money. What do you think?

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sulbien/saved/2EmX

CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($72.89 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.90 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
Other: Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader ($14.99)
Total: $450.68
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about time picking parts purchase asap today feedback appreciated
  1. Your list link is set to private.
  2. Sorry about that I fixed it now
  3. sulbien said:
    Hey guys,

    Decided to attempt picking parts for the first time on my own so I have most likely screwed up somewhere. Can someone give some feedback on this selection? Trying to do a cheaper build for my sister for just basic office work and general use. No gaming will be done except for facebook games. In her words she wants something relatively fast but doesn't want to spend much money. What do you think?

    Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sulbien/saved/2EmX

    CPU Intel Pentium G2120 3.1GHz Dual-Core $64.98
    Motherboard MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 $57.23
    Memory Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 $43.10
    Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $58.99
    Case Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower $29.99
    Power Supply Corsair 430W ATX12V $22.50
    Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer $14.99
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $87.98
    Custom Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader $14.99
    Total: $394.75


    if you want same ....
    Then Motherboard Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    and HDD will be Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm 1 TB
    all others are fine in this price rang
  4. What is the reason for the changes to the HDD? I understand the motherboard but I am unsure of the HDD they seem to be fairly equiv. Is it just a matter of a better brand?
  5. sulbien said:
    What is the reason for the changes to the HDD? I understand the motherboard but I am unsure of the HDD they seem to be fairly equiv. Is it just a matter of a better brand?

    No! they are not.
    WD black is little better then Seagate barracuda but .WD Blue is not.Even not equal.
  6. I swapped out the MB, HDD and picked a different case which has USB 3.0. Here is the updated link http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sulbien/saved/2EmX

    Does anyone else have any opinions on it? Looking to buy the parts ASAP so I could use any feedback before it is too late.
  7. I also copy and pasted the updated parts list here as well as updating the original information

    CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($72.89 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.90 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Other: Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader ($14.99)
    Total: $450.68
  8. Best answer
    sulbien said:
    I also copy and pasted the updated parts list here as well as updating the original information

    CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($72.89 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.90 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Other: Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader ($14.99)
    Total: $450.68

    just fine ..buy and remember to select the best answer it will mark post as solved and that will be a quick help for others :)
Ask a new question

Read More

System Builder Systems Office New Build