Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

new build for BF4 at 1080 - will this do

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
Share
October 25, 2013 1:56:12 PM

Goal is to play BF4 at 1080 - Will this do

CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $209.98

CPU Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.98

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $125.97

Memory
G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory $78.99

Storage
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $98.99 for OS and most played games
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.99 for everything else

Video Card
Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card $297.99
figure to add 2nd card down the road when needed.

Case
NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case $54.99 a little bling with out over doing it

Power Supply
Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply $74.99

any and all suggestions appreciated

More about : build bf4 1080

Best solution

October 25, 2013 2:04:35 PM

Looks great, although I would go for at least an AX860 if you are planning to Crossfire and overclock.
Share
October 25, 2013 2:06:08 PM

+1 enemy1g
m
0
l
Related resources
October 25, 2013 2:12:02 PM

Strong CPU and GPU combo, it will run BF4 just fine!
m
0
l
October 25, 2013 3:50:28 PM

enemy1g said:
Looks great, although I would go for at least an AX860 if you are planning to Crossfire and overclock.

wow just looked that up $180
m
0
l
October 25, 2013 3:51:58 PM

Can I cut back on this setup to save a little $$$ and still get my desired results???
Also I have been reading up on the 6 and 8 core processors - some say now that since the new consoles are moving out to market that software will most likely start to be designed more around 6 and 8 cores. Then I read yeah but it will be eight years before we see that be the norm. If this is to be a gaming pc for the next 4 or more years should I go with an 8 core AMD or can the quad intel still pack an equal punch on software designed to utilize the cores??
m
0
l
October 25, 2013 4:28:37 PM

iamk2 said:
Can I cut back on this setup to save a little $$$ and still get my desired results???
Also I have been reading up on the 6 and 8 core processors - some say now that since the new consoles are moving out to market that software will most likely start to be designed more around 6 and 8 cores. Then I read yeah but it will be eight years before we see that be the norm. If this is to be a gaming pc for the next 4 or more years should I go with an 8 core AMD or can the quad intel still pack an equal punch on software designed to utilize the cores??

Your quad core will be fine, software today still have trouble using all cores to the max, depends on software ofc. As for the power supply, it's better to invest a few bucks into it, you don't necessarily have to get the ax 860, here are a few you can look at.

XFX P1-850B-BEFX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAIDMAX RX-850AE
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 G
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
October 25, 2013 4:31:35 PM

You don't have to change your power supply either, you can run bf4 perfectly fine with what you got listed at 1920x1080 high-ultra settings.
m
0
l
October 25, 2013 5:46:11 PM

Arlen10 said:
You don't have to change your power supply either, you can run bf4 perfectly fine with what you got listed at 1920x1080 high-ultra settings.


At this point I think I can up to the RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $85.00 and should be fine for the additional GPU down the road
m
0
l
October 25, 2013 5:47:56 PM

iamk2 said:
Arlen10 said:
You don't have to change your power supply either, you can run bf4 perfectly fine with what you got listed at 1920x1080 high-ultra settings.


At this point I think I can up to the RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $85.00 and should be fine for the additional GPU down the road


Great!
m
0
l
!