Hi everyone!! First and foremost thanks for all your help beforehand xD. This is my first time posting in a PC forum and so I apologize for any mistakes or missing information.
So I am wondering with the upcoming of the new BF4, whether or not I should upgrade my computer. I built it in 2009 if I'm not mistaken and the following are the components that are installed:
Processor: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: Corsair 1600Mhz 3x 2GB (6GB Total) Graphics Card: MSI GTX 580 Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm + Samsung SSD 125GB Case: Cooler Master HAF X Power Supply: Corsair CX750 Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series Monitor: Dell U2412M 16:10 IPS
So this is where my problem lies.
PS: I should also let you know that I also seldomly use the computer for video editing and photo editing and rendering. These are just done as a hobby and not work related.
Scenario 1: Should I simply buy a new Graphic card (the EVGA GTX780 OC). In doing so would you think that I will be able to utilize this graphic card to its fullest potential or will it be bottlenecked by the other components. I want to run BF4 and other games at the highest fps that I can. My monitor only handles 60fps but I am even willing in buying a 144hz monitor (I am crazy in these sort of things)
Scenario 2: Should I update the other components aswell. These are the components I am interested in buying if this should be the case:
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570k @ 3.4Ghz Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard OR Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD3H Motherboard RAM: Kingston Technology XMP Beast Series 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 (I know that these are an overkill for gaming and so I might consider going for the 1600MHZ and 8gb ones but I am considering the extra RAM ofor when I seldomly use video/photo editing and rendering. Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 3D LED Monitor 144hz 16:9
If you think that scenario 2 is the way to go feel free to advise me on other components I could or should consider.
1) My budget is circa 1280.48 GBP, 1500 Euros or 2071.05 USD
2) Are there any upcoming product releases I should wait for espescially regarding the GPU and CPU?
Sorry for the long post and thanks for your replies
If it was me, I'd buy a new GPU first and try it in your current system. Because the GPU can be used in a newer system if it turns out the performance isn't good enough it is a no lose situation. You can simply use the same GPU in the new PC from scenario 2. This way you will have done both scenario 1 and 2... or just 1 if the GPU is enough of an upgrade.