would a i7 920 1366 socket bottleneck a radeon R9 990X graphics card

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ok i wanted to update this, i like this game guild wars 2. people say its cpu bound however someone had mentioned if my gpu shows 100% usage then id prolly be fine.

well i dont know how the cpu-gpu- and network lag which play whatr role but when i was doing a huge wvw its like a pvp map where we siege castles and such. anyhow there where prolly 35 players atleast on each side.

and this so far has been the only time i have noticed that the gpu was only being used roughly 85%

now onto the CPU at the time. it was only 48% however, im not sure why but even when i play in a reguler pve style with less people less action ect, it usualy reads around 48% on the cpu. core i7 920 oc at 3.6 with a 7850 gpu

now is this any indication that either the 290x would be bottlenecke3d by my hardware? also note even though the gpu was oinly being used 70-85% my frames drop drasticly from 24fps to like 16fps average.

update, real intense battle ot quit as intense but a tiny bit and it seems maybe network lag on server side? not sure but im sure its not a first?