Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What PC parts will I need to build a PC that runs bf4 on ultra

Last response: in Components
Share
October 26, 2013 11:35:03 PM

I want to build a PC for my first time but don't know what parts I will need to run bf4 on ultra with a frame rate of at least 60
October 26, 2013 11:45:17 PM

For battlefield 4 on ultra@1080p you'll need a 7970 /R9 280x for good framerates. On the Nvidia side GTX 770 at least.
October 26, 2013 11:50:07 PM

allanitomwesh said:
For battlefield 4 on ultra@1080p you'll need a 7970 /R9 280x for good framerates. On the Nvidia side GTX 770 at least.


Yeah thanks mate but I don't know what PC parts I should get and I'm not going over 1500 not including a monitor
Related resources
October 27, 2013 12:00:40 AM

on gaming pc you use an i5 cpu (4760k) or amd (8000) cpu as base cpu. then use 8 gigs of good 1600 ram at 1.5v with stock 9-9-9-9-9-24t .
min drive size i get is 500 to 1tb in size. if you have extra 100 in the build funds drop in a boot ssd. for motherboards there mini atx (cheaper one card mb) or full size atx mb that can be crossfired or sli. on intel mb the h chipset is a locked chipset and you use non k cpu. if you need to save money on build funds. standard atx case. you wont need a full sixe case a mid size r300 or a z9 case for the price is fine. (you can always add led strips and led fans to a case if you want to bling it out.
cheapest gaming cpu cooler is evo 212 cpu cooler. some people use larger metal air coolers some use 120-240mm seal liquid coolers.
both have there trade offs. the brick coolers are large and heavy.
the sealed units if the pump fails...you rig goes down.
the last and most important part is a right size and good branded power supply. right now on parts picker the 850w seasonic bronze power supply with rebate is 70.00 it oversized unit for most gaming rigs but it at a great price point.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss85...
when you do your shopping use parts picker or a sight like it to find combo deals and rebates.
October 27, 2013 12:06:32 AM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TIVb
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TIVb/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TIVb/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($98.99 @ Mac Mall)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($303.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N53 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($32.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($96.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1244.83
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-27 03:06 EDT-0400)
October 27, 2013 12:12:43 AM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TIZi
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TIZi/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TIZi/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO (V EDITION) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($187.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($98.99 @ Mac Mall)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($397.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N53 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($32.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($96.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1561.72
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-27 03:12 EDT-0400)
October 27, 2013 12:13:08 AM

this would be top end gaming rig.
October 27, 2013 12:23:33 AM

smorizio said:
on gaming pc you use an i5 cpu (4760k) or amd (8000) cpu as base cpu. then use 8 gigs of good 1600 ram at 1.5v with stock 9-9-9-9-9-24t .
min drive size i get is 500 to 1tb in size. if you have extra 100 in the build funds drop in a boot ssd. for motherboards there mini atx (cheaper one card mb) or full size atx mb that can be crossfired or sli. on intel mb the h chipset is a locked chipset and you use non k cpu. if you need to save money on build funds. standard atx case. you wont need a full sixe case a mid size r300 or a z9 case for the price is fine. (you can always add led strips and led fans to a case if you want to bling it out.
cheapest gaming cpu cooler is evo 212 cpu cooler. some people use larger metal air coolers some use 120-240mm seal liquid coolers.
both have there trade offs. the brick coolers are large and heavy.
the sealed units if the pump fails...you rig goes down.
the last and most important part is a right size and good branded power supply. right now on parts picker the 850w seasonic bronze power supply with rebate is 70.00 it oversized unit for most gaming rigs but it at a great price point.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss85...
when you do your shopping use parts picker or a sight like it to find combo deals and rebates.




Component Selection Base Price Promo Shipping Tax Price Where
CPU

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $239.99 -$20.00 FREE $219.99 Newegg
Remove
Buy
+ $20 off w/ promo code EMCWXVR23, ends 10/31
CPU Cooler

Evercool HPO-12025 CPU Cooler $56.99 $0.99 $57.98 Newegg
Remove
Buy
Motherboard

Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $124.98 FREE $124.98 Outlet PC
Remove
Buy
Memory

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $96.76 $96.76 NCIX US
Remove
Buy
Add Additional Memory
Storage

Lenovo 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $98.24 FREE $98.24 Amazon
Remove
Buy
Add Additional Storage
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card $405.99 -$10.00 FREE $395.99 SuperBiiz
Remove
Buy
$10.00 Mail-in rebate
Case

Antec Sonata IV ATX Mid Tower Case w/620W Power Supply $144.99 $7.99 $152.98 SuperBiiz
Remove
Buy
Power Supply

SeaSonic M12II 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $119.99 -$50.00 FREE $69.99 Newegg
Remove
Buy
+ $30 off w/ promo code 1022HLWEEN7, ends 10/28
$20.00 mail-in rebate
Optical Drive

LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer $69.47 $69.47 Amazon
Remove
Buy
Add Another Optical Drive
Operating System

Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) $95.99 FREE $95.99 Adorama
Remove
Buy
Monitor

Acer B296CLbmiidprz 60Hz 29.0" Monitor $499.99 $10.26 $510.25 TigerDirect
Remove
Buy
Would this be good enough to run bf4 on ultra?
October 27, 2013 12:32:22 AM

Once you place a limit on dollar value, and say I want it to do X then you need to perform at least some research.

There are lots of 'system in a can' types around here, I am very surprised none have posted yet.

Are their any parts that have your fancy, etc?
October 27, 2013 12:35:11 AM

TheLastDoomguy said:
Once you place a limit on dollar value, and say I want it to do X then you need to perform at least some research.

There are lots of 'system in a can' types around here, I am very surprised none have posted yet.

Are their any parts that have your fancy, etc?


I really like the GTX GEFORCE 770

Best solution

October 27, 2013 12:40:10 AM
Share

Yes, but a few points of correction
Evercools cooler can get loud,even though it cools well
Gigabyte's Z87X motherboards are the ones that are overclock ready
Corsair Vengeance is just pretty ram for extra,consider if looks matter to you.
5400RPM drive is a no no no. 7200RPM at least, like Seagate Barracuda, WD Blue.
Case comes with a power supply yet you still buy the seasonic,consider saving there by getting a case with no psu for less.
Will you burn blu ray? if not,consider a blu ray READER for less.
With such a budget for the monitor get a 120Hz Lightboost monitor from BenQ or Asus @27 inch 1080p. They cost less but game better.
Use your savings for a 4gb gtx 770 (bf4 regularly used more than 2gb in the beta) and a 256gb SSD (to install your games and windows and kill load times)
October 27, 2013 12:47:00 AM

allanitomwesh said:
Yes, but a few points of correction
Evercools cooler can get loud,even though it cools well
Gigabyte's Z87X motherboards are the ones that are overclock ready
Corsair Vengeance is just pretty ram for extra,consider if looks matter to you.
5400RPM drive is a no no no. 7200RPM at least, like Seagate Barracuda, WD Blue.
Case comes with a power supply yet you still buy the seasonic,consider saving there by getting a case with no psu for less.
Will you burn blu ray? if not,consider a blu ray READER for less.
With such a budget for the monitor get a 120Hz Lightboost monitor from BenQ or Asus @27 inch 1080p. They cost less but game better.
Use your savings for a 4gb gtx 770 (bf4 regularly used more than 2gb in the beta) and a 256gb SSD (to install your games and windows and kill load times)



Thanks dude

October 27, 2013 12:47:23 AM

Thanks guys you've been a lot of help
October 27, 2013 12:49:00 AM

Anytime
!