Which one of these is the best?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/

Which one? Its between the last 2 but why is one 1099 if the difference is that it has no SSD and it cost more...PRESS ON "Show model differences" on the left corner.
10 answers Last reply
More about question
  1. The second from the right is on sale. That's it. It appears to be the better system.

    Be advised though...that "SSD" is only 24GB. Meant to be used as a cache, not a discreet drive you install the OS on.
  2. USAFRet said:
    The second from the right is on sale. That's it. It appears to be the better system.

    Be advised though...that "SSD" is only 24GB. Meant to be used as a cache, not a discreet drive you install the OS on.



    eh whatever...ill just get a PC...


    At home
    So if you saw my other questions i went from laptop, to x51 because....long story.

    Hows this?

    i5 4670k

    AMD Sapphire Toxic R9 280x

    AsRock Fatal1ty Killer Z87 motherboard

    1TB HDD seagate barracuda 7200rpm

    FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4
    case

    ! I want the corsair 750D but this fractal is good and saves me 70$ for just being a midtower that fits my stuff!! :D Good case huh?


    2 corsair AF120's red led fans

    XFX 80+ gold fully modular

    8GB 2x4 G.skill trident 2400mhz 1,65v

    DVD drive

    Some cold cathode lights

    Wifi adapter..


    So when i end up moving how do i bring that with me? MOVING TO THE USA. I live in UAE and its a 16 hour flight....


    Is that build good?
  3. get yourself ssd for that and you will rock
  4. onehans1982 said:
    get yourself ssd for that and you will rock


    i have a budget :/
  5. Quote:
    So when i end up moving how do i bring that with me? MOVING TO THE USA. I live in UAE and its a 16 hour flight....

    Is that build good?


    Appears to be pretty good. Add an SSD and you're good to go.
    As far as moving? Save the box the case comes in. If you have a large air cooler, remove it. Same if there is a large GPU. Put those in their original boxes.
    Put the PC in the box that the case came in. Ship by whoever you think is reliable.

    Just consider that whoever ships it - FedEx, UPS, airport....they will NOT be as careful with it as you are. Minimize any chance of them screwing it up.
    But also, PC's are shipped all over the world, every day.
  6. USAFRet said:
    Quote:
    So when i end up moving how do i bring that with me? MOVING TO THE USA. I live in UAE and its a 16 hour flight....

    Is that build good?


    Appears to be pretty good. Add an SSD and you're good to go.
    As far as moving? Save the box the case comes in. If you have a large air cooler, remove it. Same if there is a large GPU. Put those in their original boxes.
    Put the PC in the box that the case came in. Ship by whoever you think is reliable.

    Just consider that whoever ships it - FedEx, UPS, airport....they will NOT be as careful with it as you are. Minimize any chance of them screwing it up.
    But also, PC's are shipped all over the world, every day.


    Hm....i live in UAE so shipping FROM here is different....but when it gets to USA.....

    IN USA whats the safest shipping u know of
  7. Mirakledba said:


    Hm....i live in UAE so shipping FROM here is different....but when it gets to USA.....

    IN USA whats the safest shipping u know of


    In terms of not dropping it out of the back of the truck, FEDEX/UPS/USPS are all pretty much the same.
  8. USAFRet said:
    Mirakledba said:


    Hm....i live in UAE so shipping FROM here is different....but when it gets to USA.....

    IN USA whats the safest shipping u know of


    In terms of not dropping it out of the back of the truck, FEDEX/UPS/USPS are all pretty much the same.

    Ok well I still have a year left here So yah.
  9. Mirakledba said:
    onehans1982 said:
    get yourself ssd for that and you will rock


    i have a budget :/


    they don't cost now astronomical money you can get corsair 120gb for around 70 pounds
  10. onehans1982 said:
    Mirakledba said:
    onehans1982 said:
    get yourself ssd for that and you will rock


    i have a budget :/


    they don't cost now astronomical money you can get corsair 120gb for around 70 pounds


    Still ...if i add one it will all be over my budget
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Graphics