Sign in with
Your question
Solved

$800.00 Render/Gaming PC--Thoughts and Opinions?

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2013 7:24:29 AM
a b 4 Gaming
October 28, 2013 7:29:23 AM

Pretty solid build. Only change I would make would be to get an aftermarket cooler (Hyper 212 EVO is solid) and a different, more reputable brand of RAM (Corsair or Gskill). Other than those two changes pretty much perfect for your budget, nice job.
m
l
October 28, 2013 7:39:38 AM

Drew010 said:
Pretty solid build. Only change I would make would be to get an aftermarket cooler (Hyper 212 EVO is solid) and a different, more reputable brand of RAM (Corsair or Gskill). Other than those two changes pretty much perfect for your budget, nice job.

I'd normally buy G.Skill Sniper or Patriot Viper, but to cut costs I choose to use the Dark RAM--I've used Dark in a few other builds and it preforms quite well (and cheap to boot).

I've worked with the Hyper 212 EVO cooler before, the first time was a nightmare and the second was much easier. Every EVO I've ever bought always came damaged (fins and pipes). I assume that the stock cooler would be good enough for a Non-OCed FX 8350. Eventually, I like to install a water cooler, but this build is for a friend, not me--pretty much set on budget. I'll consider the EVO though.

m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b 4 Gaming
October 28, 2013 8:21:42 AM

I would go with Intel cuz it's faster and I7 because it outdoes AMD. If you have micro center nearby, it will be great.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UeQw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UeQw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UeQw/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $785.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-28 11:19 EDT-0400)
m
l
October 28, 2013 8:25:35 AM

WarWolverineWarrior said:
I would go with Intel cuz it's faster and I7 because it outdoes AMD. If you have micro center nearby, it will be great.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UeQw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UeQw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UeQw/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $785.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-28 11:19 EDT-0400)

I'd love to put an intel chip in (HT is great for content creation) and an NVIDIA GPU (CUDA is great), but the price/perf ratio isn't high enough and the parts *must* be purchased from newegg (not my choice)
===
7950 is out of stock btw
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 28, 2013 8:30:53 AM

Archean_0 said:
Drew010 said:

I'd normally buy G.Skill Sniper or Patriot Viper, but to cut costs I choose to use the Dark RAM--I've used Dark in a few other builds and it preforms quite well (and cheap to boot).

I've worked with the Hyper 212 EVO cooler before, the first time was a nightmare and the second was much easier. Every EVO I've ever bought always came damaged (fins and pipes). I assume that the stock cooler would be good enough for a Non-OCed FX 8350. Eventually, I like to install a water cooler, but this build is for a friend, not me--pretty much set on budget. I'll consider the EVO though.

If you've used the Dark before and are cool with it then I would say go for it! As for the 212 EVO I haven't had any issues, but if your friend doesn't mind the extra noise from a stock cooler, and plans to watercool later then I see now issue as long as you don't OC on the stock cooler!
October 28, 2013 8:34:06 AM

Drew010 said:
Archean_0 said:
Drew010 said:

If you've used the Dark before and are cool with it then I would say go for it! As for the 212 EVO I haven't had any issues, but if your friend doesn't mind the extra noise from a stock cooler, and plans to watercool later then I see now issue as long as you don't OC on the stock cooler!

his old PC is louder than a pack of delta fans (blowdryer), pretty much any fan will be quieter lol
I just gotta run over everything with him and see if he is alright with what i picked : )

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 28, 2013 8:36:36 AM

Archean_0 said:
Drew010 said:
Archean_0 said:
Drew010 said:

his old PC is louder than a pack of delta fans (blowdryer), pretty much any fan will be quieter lol
I just gotta run over everything with him and see if he is alright with what i picked : )

Alright, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
m
l
October 28, 2013 8:45:22 AM

Drew010 said:
Archean_0 said:
Drew010 said:
Archean_0 said:
Drew010 said:

Alright, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

sure thing : D
m
l
!