Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My Server app for Windows Phone 8 with Windows XP

Last response: in Applications
Share
October 28, 2013 12:04:24 PM

Hi! I have a home server running Windows XP - i know..... I made a mistake not install win server, but i didn't know of it then. Now i got a fully working server With dlna, vpn, sftp, http file downloading With Apache 2 Directory listing. I would really like to use the app "My Server" from Microsoft, With my server. I cannot move all my server data easily, as it is way past 100GB. Therefor, it's a Challenge installing win server. It's an old pc too. 712mb ram. Would i somehow be able to use the my server app for Windows phone 8, if i installed like a addon or something for the win xp pro server i got? Please help me, and thanks a lot in advance!
October 28, 2013 1:02:53 PM

No. The Windows 8 "My Server" app talks to Server 2012 Essentials, not a PC running XP.
m
0
l
October 28, 2013 1:36:02 PM

USAFRet said:
No. The Windows 8 "My Server" app talks to Server 2012 Essentials, not a PC running XP.


so there's not a single possible way to make a go-around? Like a patch or something?
m
0
l
Related resources
October 28, 2013 1:40:27 PM

erikdude27 said:
USAFRet said:
No. The Windows 8 "My Server" app talks to Server 2012 Essentials, not a PC running XP.


so there's not a single possible way to make a go-around? Like a patch or something?


It depends on exactly what you are wanting to do.
But I don't believe there is a 'patch' to make the Win8 My Server app converse with Windows XP.

XP is not a server OS.
m
0
l
October 28, 2013 1:47:21 PM

USAFRet said:
erikdude27 said:
USAFRet said:
No. The Windows 8 "My Server" app talks to Server 2012 Essentials, not a PC running XP.


so there's not a single possible way to make a go-around? Like a patch or something?


It depends on exactly what you are wanting to do.
But I don't believe there is a 'patch' to make the Win8 My Server app converse with Windows XP.

XP is not a server OS.


I just want to Access my files on my wp8 phone like skydrive. And preferly view photos/videos/Music. I totally screwed up With os Choice. wasn't that experiencing when i did. So wanna change, but it'll take forever
m
0
l
October 28, 2013 5:20:17 PM

Instal SkyDrive app on your "server".
m
0
l
!