Solved

I want a dust filter for the side panel window haf 922 case

I wonder which dust filter would fit to my side panel window of the haf 922 case.i have installed a 240mm fan that brings air in the case and with tha air comes a lot of dust too.
DEMCiflex Square Black Magnetic PC Radiator Filter 2 x 120 mm
or
Demciflex 200mm Dust Filter - Black/Black
Thanks in advance.
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dust filter side panel window haf 922 case
  1. are you sure it is a 240mm fan? your side window can hold a 200 mm fan x 1 (or 120 mm fan x 2).
    any way, if your fan is 240mm, then get a 240mm dust filter. i know the side panel window is huge, but if you cannot cover the whole window, then your priority is covering the fan itself only.
  2. Anas Bashar said:
    are you sure it is a 240mm fan? your side window can hold a 200 mm fan x 1 (or 120 mm fan x 2).
    any way, if your fan is 240mm, then get a 240mm dust filter. i know the side panel window is huge, but if you cannot cover the whole window, then your priority is covering the fan itself only.


    I wonder if a 200mm dust filter will cover the whole side window.
  3. mariosarmy said:


    I wonder if a 200mm dust filter will cover the whole side window.


    no it will not. you are better off with positive pressure, with that you do not need to cover everything, only the fans needs to be covered.
    how did you install that 240mm fan? if i may ask.
  4. Anas Bashar said:
    mariosarmy said:


    I wonder if a 200mm dust filter will cover the whole side window.


    no it will not. you are better off with positive pressure, with that you do not need to cover everything, only the fans needs to be covered.
    how did you install that 240mm fan? if i may ask.


    There are holes on the side window that support 2 x 120mm fans or 1x240mm fan.And the fan blows air in the case but with the air a LOT of dust gets in the case.Can i attach a photo to show you how the whole system?
  5. mariosarmy said:

    There are holes on the side window that support 2 x 120mm fans or 1x240mm fan.


    the site only states "1x200mm or 2X240mm".
    anyway, yes a photo would help.
    how many fans do you have on the case? how many intake? how many outtake?
    if you cannot cover all the openings in the case, maintain a positive pressure and only cover the intake fans.
  6. Anas Bashar said:
    mariosarmy said:

    There are holes on the side window that support 2 x 120mm fans or 1x240mm fan.


    the site only states "1x200mm or 2X240mm".
    anyway, yes a photo would help.
    how many fans do you have on the case? how many intake? how many outtake?
    if you cannot cover all the openings in the case, maintain a positive pressure and only cover the intake fans.


    I cannot attach a photo, needs a url link.Anyway i have my 240mm eco coolit radiator at the top of the case which push air out.The back of the case fan (120mm) push air out.and the front 240mm and side window 240mm fan push air in the case.But the front fan has dust filter (it's like a paper with tiny holes).
  7. good, you have a positive pressure (2x240mm vs 1x240+1X120). air will not enter the case anywhere except through the intake fans, although the filters will limit your intake a little but no worries.
    just get a 240m (if you can find it) and use it to cover your new fan on the side and you are good.
  8. Best answer
    Try here. http://www.demcifilter.com/c14/COOLER-MASTER.aspx they make filter sets for many popular cases.
  9. misbehaven said:
    Try here. http://www.demcifilter.com/c14/COOLER-MASTER.aspx they make filter sets for many popular cases.


    Thanks mate just what i was searching for. :bounce:
  10. Anas Bashar said:
    good, you have a positive pressure (2x240mm vs 1x240+1X120). air will not enter the case anywhere except through the intake fans, although the filters will limit your intake a little but no worries.
    just get a 240m (if you can find it) and use it to cover your new fan on the side and you are good.


    Thanks for the help
  11. Glad to help. I am using their kit for my Haf-XB case as the system is in my semi truck and dust is always present. Hope it works out well. I have a pretty strong positive pressure inside the case so that should help keep more dust out. That's the theory anyway.
  12. misbehaven said:
    Glad to help. I am using their kit for my Haf-XB case as the system is in my semi truck and dust is always present. Hope it works out well. I have a pretty strong positive pressure inside the case so that should help keep more dust out. That's the theory anyway.


    The pc is in the semi truck??? :??:
  13. Hey we live in these trucks for weeks at a time. A desk top system holds up much better then a laptop.
  14. misbehaven said:
    Hey we live in these trucks for weeks at a time. A desk top system holds up much better then a laptop.


    Really? I live in my dogs house and the dog lives in my house.
  15. mariosarmy said:
    Anas Bashar said:
    good, you have a positive pressure (2x240mm vs 1x240+1X120). air will not enter the case anywhere except through the intake fans, although the filters will limit your intake a little but no worries.
    just get a 240m (if you can find it) and use it to cover your new fan on the side and you are good.


    Thanks for the help


    you are welcome
Ask a new question

Read More

Filter dust filter Fan Systems haf 922 Cases