7950 fan speed on 100% all time

Daniel7

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Hi, I have problem with Gigabyte 7950.

For some reason, fans are on 100%, I dont know why, I did not play game.. Just what I start up the computer, fans was on 100%. From the moment of start, not after what OS was booted. And fans going on 100% all time, until I turn off the computer.

In Catalyst Control I see fans are on 33%, in SpeedFan too. I can change it, but nothing happens.

I never have any problems with my GPU. Thank you a lot.

Daniel7

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Yes, I opened computer, and I know how it's sound, because until today I paly games on high details..

No, GPU do nothing. From the moment what I press power button on my case, and boot computer, boot bios, boot OS, from this moment fans go to 100%.

I have already installed new, clean OS, and from unknown reason this happens..

Some suggestions:
Remove the card and check the edge contacts, look for any signs of damage or discolouration put the card back and retest.
Do a uninstall/reinstall of the drivers, it's not unknown for an install to fail and without fully functioning drivers some cards will run their fans at 100%.
Check the manual that came with the card, some HD7950 cards have a dual BIOS feature it is possible to restore a corrupt primary BIOS by flashing from the second.