1. Remove your current install of Catalyst and all ATI software in Remove Programs. Select and remove all AMD software when removing.
2. Eliminate all traces by using CCleaner (a pretty good piece of software).
3. Open Device Manager, go to Display Adapters and uninstall the current thing you have there. Your screen should go blank and then return, with CPU working as a standard. Now follow the prompts that come up after it says scanning for hardware changes. Don't update the driver yet.
4. Download and install the Win 8 Catalyst version and install it.
5. You should now have a clean version installed with all pertinent features functional.