1300$ Gaming computer

I have about 1300 dollars to spend on a gaming computer. I am a web designer and I play alot of games. Such as League of Legends and WoW. I want to focus on FPS and Graphics. I normally listen to spotify, play League, and listen to my friends on skype. I would like about 16G of ram and a high quality video card.
15 answers Last reply
More about 1300 gaming computer
  1. Need monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS?
  2. I was building something similar (maybe a few hundred more).

    I'd get a Intel Core i5-4670K processor (~$200), Gskill Ares 2x8GB 1866 RAM (~$130) and a nVidia 770 ($330 after price drop) which you can always SLI later. If you can shell out a bit more, get a 780 for $500. Either way, you'll get Batman Arkham Origins and Assassins Creed IV for free.
  3. lp231 said:
    Need monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS?
    Only OS. Prefer windows 7 honestly. Also. I play on my TV. 1920x1080, like 36 inches? Willing to downsize to like a 24" monitor though
  4. Really wanting to be near my price ceiling of 1300ish~
  5. Here you go:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($51.74 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.18 @ TigerDirect)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1311.56
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-30 13:05 EDT-0400)
  6. g-unit1111 said:
    Here you go:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($51.74 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.18 @ TigerDirect)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1311.56
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-30 13:05 EDT-0400)


    Would upgrading to 16G of RAM make much of a differnece?
  7. Apstone said:

    Would upgrading to 16G of RAM make much of a differnece?


    No, it won't really make that much of a difference, and RAM is ridiculously expensive right now so that's not the area of the build where I would recommend overspending.
  8. Processor:Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz $239.99 @Newegg.com
    Processor Cooling:Cooler Master 212 Evo $34.99 @Newegg.com
    Motherboard:MSI Z87-G45 $159.99 @Newegg.com
    Memory:G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 $144.99 @Newegg.com
    Graphic Card:Sapphire R9-280X 3GB $299.99 @Newegg.com
    Solid State:Samsung Evo 120GB $99.99 @Newegg.com
    Hard Drive:Western Digital Blue 1TB $69.99 @Newegg.com
    Optical Drive:Lite-ON DVD Writer $17.99 @Newegg.com
    Power Supply:Evga 600w $64.99 @Newegg.com
    Case:Cooler Master HAF 212 Blue Edition $59.99 @Newegg.com
    Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM $99.99 @Newegg.com
    $1,292.89
  9. lp231 said:
    Processor:Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz $239.99 @Newegg.com
    Processor Cooling:Cooler Master 212 Evo $34.99 @Newegg.com
    Motherboard:MSI Z87-G45 $159.99 @Newegg.com
    Memory:G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 $144.99 @Newegg.com
    Graphic Card:Sapphire R9-280X 3GB $299.99 @Newegg.com
    Solid State:Samsung Evo 120GB $99.99 @Newegg.com
    Hard Drive:Western Digital Blue 1TB $69.99 @Newegg.com
    Optical Drive:Lite-ON DVD Writer $17.99 @Newegg.com
    Power Supply:Evga 600w $64.99 @Newegg.com
    Case:Cooler Master HAF 212 Blue Edition $59.99 @Newegg.com
    Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM $99.99 @Newegg.com
    $1,292.89


    That PSU is made by HEC, which is a very, very low tier PSU manufacturer. I'd stay away from that.
  10. g-unit1111 said:
    lp231 said:
    Processor:Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz $239.99 @Newegg.com
    Processor Cooling:Cooler Master 212 Evo $34.99 @Newegg.com
    Motherboard:MSI Z87-G45 $159.99 @Newegg.com
    Memory:G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 $144.99 @Newegg.com
    Graphic Card:Sapphire R9-280X 3GB $299.99 @Newegg.com
    Solid State:Samsung Evo 120GB $99.99 @Newegg.com
    Hard Drive:Western Digital Blue 1TB $69.99 @Newegg.com
    Optical Drive:Lite-ON DVD Writer $17.99 @Newegg.com
    Power Supply:Evga 600w $64.99 @Newegg.com
    Case:Cooler Master HAF 212 Blue Edition $59.99 @Newegg.com
    Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM $99.99 @Newegg.com
    $1,292.89


    That PSU is made by HEC, which is a very, very low tier PSU manufacturer. I'd stay away from that.

    So.. How does that gpu compare to what comes in a M17x Alienware? ITs like.. AMD Radeon HD 6870M? (Currently Running) and an intel core i7-2630 QM CPU @2.00
  11. Apstone said:

    So.. How does that gpu compare to what comes in a M17x Alienware? ITs like.. AMD Radeon HD 6870M? (Currently Running) and an intel core i7-2630 QM CPU @2.00


    You can't really compare laptop CPUs and GPUs to their desktop counterparts. They're made for low power requirements so you will not get full frame rates even when you are plugged in.
  12. g-unit1111 said:
    Apstone said:

    So.. How does that gpu compare to what comes in a M17x Alienware? ITs like.. AMD Radeon HD 6870M? (Currently Running) and an intel core i7-2630 QM CPU @2.00


    You can't really compare laptop CPUs and GPUs to their desktop counterparts. They're made for low power requirements so you will not get full frame rates even when you are plugged in.

    So the computer you build. On a scale of 1-10 on gaming, what would you give it?
  13. Upgrade PSU. That build can handle most games in 1080p at 60hz (is your TV 60hz or 120hz?), maybe can't max battlefield 4 or recent AAA titles without OC. If you turn of AA, it will handle everything that comes out in a next few months.
  14. Apstone said:
    g-unit1111 said:
    Here you go:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($51.74 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.18 @ TigerDirect)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1311.56
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-30 13:05 EDT-0400)


    Would upgrading to 16G of RAM make much of a differnece?



    lp231 said:
    Processor:Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz $239.99 @Newegg.com
    Processor Cooling:Cooler Master 212 Evo $34.99 @Newegg.com
    Motherboard:MSI Z87-G45 $159.99 @Newegg.com
    Memory:G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 $144.99 @Newegg.com
    Graphic Card:Sapphire R9-280X 3GB $299.99 @Newegg.com
    Solid State:Samsung Evo 120GB $99.99 @Newegg.com
    Hard Drive:Western Digital Blue 1TB $69.99 @Newegg.com
    Optical Drive:Lite-ON DVD Writer $17.99 @Newegg.com
    Power Supply:Evga 600w $64.99 @Newegg.com
    Case:Cooler Master HAF 212 Blue Edition $59.99 @Newegg.com
    Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM $99.99 @Newegg.com
    $1,292.89


    He doesn't need the extra RAM though.. Does he?

Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Games Systems