Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming PC Build. Is it good?

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 30, 2013 9:22:03 AM

So, I have a budget of ~1035$ and I want to get a pc for gaming. Is this a good pc for the next ~3-4 years?

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, LGA1155
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: Asus Z77-A, DualDDR3, SATA3, RAID, GBLAN, ATX
Memory: DDR3 Patriot ViperX 3 Red 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL9 1.5V
Storage: WD Blue 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X GAMING 2GB DDR5 (256 Bit)
Case: Thermaltake Versa G1 Midi Tower ATX
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W, 80 Plus Bronze

P.S. I can't decide if I want a lower end cpu and a better gpu..

More about : gaming build good

October 30, 2013 9:33:52 AM

It seems alright. But your GPU is a little bit weak to handle the games when maxed out.So I'd suggest getting at least a 7950,which would give you better performance and a better overclocking headroom,which outperforms even a 20$ more 670 OCed.
Other than that,it's fine. But the Motherboard...It's good,but I'd like to have some tough looking one like the Sabertooth in a gaming PC... :)  I know,it's just me maybe... :D 
Well,for the next 1 or 2 years,it should be fine...But the 4 year thing...That's a gamble of long odds...I mean that'll not be easy.....The upcoming games like Watch Dogs and Ghosts are much demanding than the games we've seen till now.So I expect to see some more and more demanding games.Anywa,the CPU should handle them fine.But I'm more worried about the GPU. It wouldn't do that so easy.
Well,I wouldn't encourage getting a low end CPU and getting a high end GPU.Bcoz,the CPU may bottleneck your high end GPU if the CPU be some low performing piece of crap.So it'll be like,you have no use putting that high end GPU,since that high end GPU+low end CPU pair will perform no better than the deent GPU+Better CPU pair.So,better get a good CPU.You can always upgrade the GPU.. :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 30, 2013 9:37:06 AM

If you don't have in plan to overclock that CPU buy a quad core CPU without K and buy a R9 280X. A Corsair CX 600W will be enough for your build.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 30, 2013 9:50:35 AM

The gpu is more important as a rule.
For a balanced gamer, budget 2x more for the graphics card than the cpu.
I think a GTX770 with the new price would be more appropriate.
You would only need a 600w psu.
A 650w psu would let you run a r9-290X or GTX780ti.

The 3570K has such a big upside with a modest overclock that I would not want to go less.

But, if you must, look at a i5-3350P and a B75 based motherboard that will save you a bit now but limit what your future options might be.

You will game better today with a 3350P and a stronger graphics card.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 30, 2013 10:00:55 AM

You can do better, take this as an example/suggestion:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($299.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1042.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-30 13:00 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
October 30, 2013 10:13:18 AM

PepitoTV said:
You can do better, take this as an example/suggestion:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($299.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1042.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-30 13:00 EDT-0400)


This is a great PC, but here in my country it comes out to around 1500$ :|
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 30, 2013 10:30:29 AM

Oh, OK, then you may want to specify where are you from and maybe point us to some online stores so you can receive more specific help as if you specify your budget in dollars we'll assume you're from USA.
m
0
l
October 30, 2013 10:33:43 AM

PepitoTV said:
Oh, OK, then you may want to specify where are you from and maybe point us to some online stores so you can receive more specific help as if you specify your budget in dollars we'll assume you're from USA.


Sorry, I forgot to mention it in the first post, but I'm from Lithuania.

P.S. What about this one?


CPU: AMD FX-6300 AM3+
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 CL9
Storage: WD Blue 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB
Video Card: MSI GTX770 2GB GDDR5 OC
Case: Thermaltake Versa G1 Midi Tower ATX
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W, 80 Plus Bronze
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 30, 2013 10:41:25 AM

That build looks good, as a suggestion, maybe you can switch the GTX770 for an R9280x and save some money to go for an FX-8320 CPU if your budget permits as I'm just guessing based on price differences here in USA.

The GTX770 and the R9 280X are practically tied in performance while the 8320 is much better than the 6300 on multithreaded environments.
Share
October 30, 2013 10:47:36 AM

PepitoTV said:
That build looks good, as a suggestion, maybe you can switch the GTX770 for an R9280x and save some money to go for an FX-8320 CPU if your budget permits as I'm just guessing based on price differences here in USA.

The GTX770 and the R9 280X are practically tied in performance while the 8320 is much better than the 6300 on multithreaded environments.


Well, R9 280X is about 20$ more expensive here. And for the processor, my limit is about 2600 LT which is about 1035$ and with FX-8320 it comes out to 2770 LT (about 1100$) but I'll try to save some money. Cheers.
m
0
l
!