$1000 Gaming PC or Macbook Air and PS4

thebosscat007

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Hi, should I get a $1000 gaming PC, or a Macbook Air and a PS4? I'm stuck cause I wanna try a Mac but then I want a gaming PC, but if I build a gaming PC, none of my friends play on PC. But just give me ur thoughts cause I have to decide by today.

Solution
Hi just my opinion but to the chap who said the air is just for basic computing... Utter rubbish, I have my gaming rig and an air, I use the air for skyrim, Cubase with plenty of vsts etc, when not in the studio, the air is a very capable bit of kit, (I'm talking about the new Haswell air not the previous) obviously when, I have to be based in the studio the gaming rig takes over but, don't under estimate the airs:)

g-unit1111

Titan
You can't really compare the two. A Macbook Air is only for basic computing functions and is limited to the on board Intel video - not to mention it uses an ultra low power CPU (Core i5-4250U). It can't replace a full desktop CPU and GPU. For the price you'd be paying for the Macbook Air ($999) and the PS4 ($499), you could build a $1500 build - with a nice monitor and mechanical keyboard - and really kick some ass.

And please don't get me started on the PC - PS4 comparisons. I think my statement on this has been pretty well made in this forum. :lol:

thebosscat007

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013

See I get all that your saying, and I know about how terrible a MBA would be for gaming, but, I am not sure how much fun I would have if I was just playing alone, cause on console, I would be able to play with a group of friends instead of just randoms. But I am also very interested in just actually building a PC, and I also want to see the visuals and gaming experience it can deliver, cause from what I understand, the PS4 and Xbox One's specs are not the greatest, compare to when their predecessors released, but I dont want to judge the graphics when I still have not played it.But if I went the MBA and Console route (i still dont know if im getting ps4 or xbox ill see once they come out) I would be able to use the laptop for school work, and i would be able to take it to school. I am just really stuck. Try to convince me why i should choose gaming pc and how is playing without friends on a pc. cause i usually play with friends anytime i play videogames

Matthew Harper

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Hi just my opinion but to the chap who said the air is just for basic computing... Utter rubbish, I have my gaming rig and an air, I use the air for skyrim, Cubase with plenty of vsts etc, when not in the studio, the air is a very capable bit of kit, (I'm talking about the new Haswell air not the previous) obviously when, I have to be based in the studio the gaming rig takes over but, don't under estimate the airs:)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS