Solved

fx 8350 to 4.5ghz

hi guys, I would like to overclock my fx 8350 merely to 4.4 or 4.5 ghz, I don't want to do magic, what cpu cooler do i need!? safe to overclock to 4,5 with the stock cooler!? if not, do you have any recommendations with 50$ price range?
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8350 5ghz
  1. Samuel25 said:
    hi guys, I would like to overclock my fx 8350 merely to 4.4 or 4.5 ghz, I don't want to do magic, what cpu cooler do i need!? safe to overclock to 4,5 with the stock cooler!? if not, do you have any recommendations with 50$ price range?

Try with the stock cooler, and if that doesn't work just get a closed loop liquid cooler.
  2. Best answer
    Do not try to push this CPU under the stock cooler. It can barely keep this CPU under 60c at full load at stock settings.

I got my FX 8350 to 4.4GHz on stock voltage under a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Temps stayed at or below 56c under full load. This is your best option for a budget CPU cooler that will be safe at these speeds.

4.5 required a little voltage bump for my particular chip, but some can also do 4.5 on stock voltage. YMMV.

If you want to do 4.5GHz or higher I recommend a big air cooler or closed loop liquid cooler.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cooling