fx 8350 to 4.5ghz

Samuel25

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
hi guys, I would like to overclock my fx 8350 merely to 4.4 or 4.5 ghz, I don't want to do magic, what cpu cooler do i need!? safe to overclock to 4,5 with the stock cooler!? if not, do you have any recommendations with 50$ price range?

Solution
Do not try to push this CPU under the stock cooler. It can barely keep this CPU under 60c at full load at stock settings.

I got my FX 8350 to 4.4GHz on stock voltage under a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Temps stayed at or below 56c under full load. This is your best option for a budget CPU cooler that will be safe at these speeds.

4.5 required a little voltage bump for my particular chip, but some can also do 4.5 on stock voltage. YMMV.

If you want to do 4.5GHz or higher I recommend a big air cooler or closed loop liquid cooler.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Try with the stock cooler, and if that doesn't work just get a closed loop liquid cooler.

Do not try to push this CPU under the stock cooler. It can barely keep this CPU under 60c at full load at stock settings.

I got my FX 8350 to 4.4GHz on stock voltage under a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Temps stayed at or below 56c under full load. This is your best option for a budget CPU cooler that will be safe at these speeds.

4.5 required a little voltage bump for my particular chip, but some can also do 4.5 on stock voltage. YMMV.

If you want to do 4.5GHz or higher I recommend a big air cooler or closed loop liquid cooler.

Solution