Solved

What overclocks can I get with a Hyper 212 Evo

The CPU I'm going to get is the Intel core i7 4770k, what overclocks will I be able to achieve with the Hyper 212 Evo. A lot of people recommend it, and it's dirt cheap too.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocks hyper 212 evo
  1. how far of an overclock you can get is different with every chip, since Haswell has a reputation for some serious heat production, the 212 EVO may only get you to 4.2GHz but, if you are lucky and have a good chip, you may be able to go up as high as the CPU will allow.
  2. Best answer
    mr1hm said:
    how far of an overclock you can get is different with every chip, since Haswell has a reputation for some serious heat production, the 212 EVO may only get you to 4.2GHz but, if you are lucky and have a good chip, you may be able to go up as high as the CPU will allow.


    Ok, thanks. I might also get something like a Corsair H100i or a CM Seidon 240m
  3. either or should do fine but, i've heard the H100i is slightly better when compared to the seidon 240m.
  4. Hello Derppppp,

    Haswell runs extremely hot so if you are looking to reach a maximum overclock then i would suggest looking at either the Eisberg 240L or the Glacer 240L. Otherwise as stated above you should be able to reach 4.0-4.2 depending on voltage.
  5. I could not find Glacer 240l, however, I did find the Eisberg 240l - but it was out of stock. My best options are the H100i and the Seidon 240m. I've never overclocked before so I don't know all the bells and whistles.

    I've heard overclocking voids your warranty, is that true?
  6. Hello Derppppp,

    Where are you located?
  7. CM-Patrick said:
    Hello Derppppp,

    Where are you located?


    In the UK.
  8. Derppppp said:
    I could not find Glacer 240l, however, I did find the Eisberg 240l - but it was out of stock. My best options are the H100i and the Seidon 240m. I've never overclocked before so I don't know all the bells and whistles.

    I've heard overclocking voids your warranty, is that true?


    The Noctua NH D14 is just as effective at cooling, is cheaper and is quieter: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/h100i-elc240-seidon-240m-lq320,3380-14.html

    Yogi
  9. Derppppp said:
    CM-Patrick said:
    Hello Derppppp,

    Where are you located?


    In the UK.


    Dear Derppppp,

    You can find the Eisberg through the links below.

    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-020-TL
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-005-CM
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Intel i7 Evo