Solved

Which CPU for battlefield 4

Debating to get an i5 4670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116898

Or xeon e3 1230v3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116906

To use with battlefield 4 multilayer. Also what ram amount is sufficed 8 or 16?

Planning to get gtx 780 or R9 290x

Thanks!
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu battlefield
  1. The i5 is enough and so is 8gb of ram. I would also get the r9-290x right now, unless you want to wait and see what the 780ti can do...
  2. I am-1329572 said:
    Debating to get an i5 4670
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116898

    Or xeon e3 1230v3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116906

    To use with battlefield 4 multilayer. Also what ram amount is sufficed 8 or 16?

    Planning to get gtx 780 or R9 290x

    Thanks!


    The i5 is essentially the same but cheaper. Ideally in terms of performance per dollar you should be getting the i5 k edition for overclocking.
  3. oczdude8 said:
    The i5 is enough and so is 8gb of ram. I would also get the r9-290x right now, unless you want to wait and see what the 780ti can do...


    Cool I don't want to overclock is the 4670 at 3.4 good. There is also 4570 $20 cheaper at 3.2 worth the savings or just splurge?
  4. Best answer
    The Xeon, IIRC, has the hyper threading, but no integrated GPU, so basically a 4770 with no iGPU.
    The 4670 is an i5 with iGPU and no hyper threading.

    Either will do just fine for gaming. I'd also put a vote up for the R9 290x, especially when you can get the non OEM coolers on it (aka Asus Direct CU II, MSI Twin Frozr, etc.).
  5. oczdude8 said:
    The i5 is enough and so is 8gb of ram. I would also get the r9-290x right now, unless you want to wait and see what the 780ti can do...


    yes the r9 290x is the better card overall
  6. fx 8350 for your cpu is superior to i5 4670k, the final bench is here http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/
  7. lunyone said:
    The Xeon, IIRC, has the hyper threading, but no integrated GPU, so basically a 4770 with no iGPU.
    The 4670 is an i5 with iGPU and no hyper threading.

    Either will do just fine for gaming. I'd also put a vote up for the R9 290x, especially when you can get the non OEM coolers on it (aka Asus Direct CU II, MSI Twin Frozr, etc.).


    Samuel25 said:
    fx 8350 for your cpu is superior to i5 4670k, the final bench is here http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/


    The FX is becoming much better as games are optimized for its 8 cores. And since the new consoles have 8 cpu's it'll likely beat the i5's and trade blows with i7's as battlefield 3, crysis 3, and battlefield 4 benchmarks show. The one advantage of the new intel models is avx 2 which might be used for games. The consoles only have avx 1 though so this likely won't be used by near future games.
  8. lunyone said:
    The Xeon, IIRC, has the hyper threading, but no integrated GPU, so basically a 4770 with no iGPU.
    The 4670 is an i5 with iGPU and no hyper threading.

    Either will do just fine for gaming. I'd also put a vote up for the R9 290x, especially when you can get the non OEM coolers on it (aka Asus Direct CU II, MSI Twin Frozr, etc.).


    I forget since your not overclocking don't get an i5. Newer games show that hyperthreading can have a large boost if more cpu processing is needed. This is why the i3's have a large performance advantage over the pentiums. The i5 is already being beat in heavily threaded games by AMD's 8 core FX processor and the i7 like crysis 3, battlefield 3 & 4
  9. Since not overclocking, get the Xeon. It will be a better CPU going forward with games being more multithreaded like BF4.
  10. I am-1329572 said:

    Cool I don't want to overclock is the 4670 at 3.4 good. There is also 4570 $20 cheaper at 3.2 worth the savings or just splurge?


    Actually, the i5-4570 is $30 cheaper if you use the $10 promo code. I suppose if you really want to cut down on costs, the $30 savings is worth sacrificing 200MHz. I would guess you will loose 2 or 3 FPS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116896
  11. jaguarskx said:
    I am-1329572 said:

    Cool I don't want to overclock is the 4670 at 3.4 good. There is also 4570 $20 cheaper at 3.2 worth the savings or just splurge?


    Actually, the i5-4570 is $30 cheaper if you use the $10 promo code. I suppose if you really want to cut down on costs, the $30 savings is worth sacrificing 200MHz. I would guess you will loose 2 or 3 FPS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116896


    fx 8350 is better overal, in terms of gaming especially for the new generation we are in fx 8350 does absoloutly great, bf4, crysis3, battlefield 3, call of duty black ops 2, medal of honor war fighter are few examples of the current gen's prefering 8 cores, more to come for example watch dogs, a very demanding tittle in 2014, which requires 8 cores or 4 cores and 8 threads like i7 series...so unless you upgrade your pc at the end of each year, go fx 8350...I don't like to say this but the future is AMD
  12. Samuel25 said:
    jaguarskx said:
    I am-1329572 said:

    Cool I don't want to overclock is the 4670 at 3.4 good. There is also 4570 $20 cheaper at 3.2 worth the savings or just splurge?


    Actually, the i5-4570 is $30 cheaper if you use the $10 promo code. I suppose if you really want to cut down on costs, the $30 savings is worth sacrificing 200MHz. I would guess you will loose 2 or 3 FPS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116896


    fx 8350 is better overal, in terms of gaming especially for the new generation we are in fx 8350 does absoloutly great, bf4, crysis3, battlefield 3, call of duty black ops 2, medal of honor war fighter are few examples of the current gen's prefering 8 cores, more to come for example watch dogs, a very demanding tittle in 2014, which requires 8 cores or 4 cores and 8 threads like i7 series...so unless you upgrade your pc at the end of each year, go fx 8350...I don't like to say this but the future is AMD


    yes, avoid the i5 since future games will prefer the fx 8350. Like we've said more modern games like crysis 3, battlefield 3 & 4 like 8 cores/ threades. In fact the fx 6300 is on par if not better in battlefield 4 as the benchmark indicates. This means the the i5 will have bad value for next gen games. So either go with the bang for buck AMD high end fx 8350 or the i7/xeon. The i5 just isn't worth the money in terms of price to performance for next gen games.
  13. Phyrexiancure said:
    Samuel25 said:
    jaguarskx said:
    I am-1329572 said:

    Cool I don't want to overclock is the 4670 at 3.4 good. There is also 4570 $20 cheaper at 3.2 worth the savings or just splurge?


    Actually, the i5-4570 is $30 cheaper if you use the $10 promo code. I suppose if you really want to cut down on costs, the $30 savings is worth sacrificing 200MHz. I would guess you will loose 2 or 3 FPS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116896


    fx 8350 is better overal, in terms of gaming especially for the new generation we are in fx 8350 does absoloutly great, bf4, crysis3, battlefield 3, call of duty black ops 2, medal of honor war fighter are few examples of the current gen's prefering 8 cores, more to come for example watch dogs, a very demanding tittle in 2014, which requires 8 cores or 4 cores and 8 threads like i7 series...so unless you upgrade your pc at the end of each year, go fx 8350...I don't like to say this but the future is AMD


    yes, avoid the i5 since future games will prefer the fx 8350. Like we've said more modern games like crysis 3, battlefield 3 & 4 like 8 cores. In fact the fx 6300 is on par if not better in battlefield 4 as the benchmark indicates. This means the the i5 will have bad value for next gen games. So either go with the bang for buck AMD high end fx 8350 or the i7/xeon. The i5 just isn't worth the money in terms of price to performance for next gen games.

    very true +1
    watch dogs system requirement here http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4546&game=Watch%20Dogs
    buy an i7 third or 4th generation or fx 8350, either way you will keep you head above water for at least 3 years from now, buy an i5 by the time watch dogs is out, upgrade both your mobo and cpu, or play medium settings
  14. Phyrexiancure said:
    Samuel25 said:
    jaguarskx said:
    I am-1329572 said:

    Cool I don't want to overclock is the 4670 at 3.4 good. There is also 4570 $20 cheaper at 3.2 worth the savings or just splurge?


    Actually, the i5-4570 is $30 cheaper if you use the $10 promo code. I suppose if you really want to cut down on costs, the $30 savings is worth sacrificing 200MHz. I would guess you will loose 2 or 3 FPS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116896


    fx 8350 is better overal, in terms of gaming especially for the new generation we are in fx 8350 does absoloutly great, bf4, crysis3, battlefield 3, call of duty black ops 2, medal of honor war fighter are few examples of the current gen's prefering 8 cores, more to come for example watch dogs, a very demanding tittle in 2014, which requires 8 cores or 4 cores and 8 threads like i7 series...so unless you upgrade your pc at the end of each year, go fx 8350...I don't like to say this but the future is AMD


    yes, avoid the i5 since future games will prefer the fx 8350. Like we've said more modern games like crysis 3, battlefield 3 & 4 like 8 cores/ threades. In fact the fx 6300 is on par if not better in battlefield 4 as the benchmark indicates. This means the the i5 will have bad value for next gen games. So either go with the bang for buck AMD high end fx 8350 or the i7/xeon. The i5 just isn't worth the money in terms of price to performance for next gen games.

    dude did you also see this!!? http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/
    and this is 50 perecent of the power of this 8 core beast, the first game to show its real power is watch dogs for sure....run everyone it is an 8 Richter earthquake lol....
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield CPUs Intel i5