First of all, Specs:
Windows 8.1 64 bits
Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87-D3HP
SSD Kingston and a Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Ok, so I updated to Windows 8.1 and now my internet connection is going weird; It's not my internet provider since the rest of the computers and devices in my network work fine.
In the task manager, (Network usage graph) when I'm downloading the usual "range" is from 7.7mbps to 11mbps; but now it suddenly goes to 0 and back and sometimes it gets only from 0 to 100kbps.
I have already tried the following solutions:
-Using the FlushDNS on the command prompt (It solves the problem but just for a few minutes)
-Using Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 to scan for malware, viruses and stuff
-Updating my network driver (Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V)
-Restarting my Modem
-Using the Windows troubleshooter for Network Driver and Internet Connection
-Nothing is currently downloading on my computer (sometimes kaspersky does, but it's not updating)
-No one on the local network is downloading something,
-UPnP is off (If on can't play Battlefield)
I hope someone has an answer by the way sorry for the bad english.
After latest win 8.1 update I have the same problem. No matter wired or wireless connection (I tried) both are working with big issues. Other laptops (also Win 8.1) / tablet / smartphones are using the same connection and everything is working without any problems except with my desktop PC.
Randomly after restart I sometimes got (almost) full speed, but then again without any obvious reason the speed drops to barely usable or even non usable levels, and if not during that session it would happen for sure after the PC is wake from sleep. Upload speed is usually OK (up to 1.2 MB which I'm supposed to have) but even that started to vary as the ping (usually 10ms) but now I measured 184ms(!!!) which I never had before.
I tried all kind of fixes, registry (IPv6 disabling), wireless driver updates, MB BIOS updates, DNS cache cleaning, temp files cleaning, antivirus software disabling, checking potential strange software behavior or issues... all I could find related with the topic and nothing solved my problem.
Again, all devices, except my desktop PC and including one another Win 8.1 laptop, are working without any problems using the same connection.
This is frustrating.