Solved

Need a new CPU cooler

Hey everyone.

I am trying to upgrade my computer just a bit and I've noticed that the CPU seems to be getting rather hot. More than it should be!
So I'm here asking for an advice on a new CPU cooler that isn't too expensive and doesn't make too much noise because as it is my computer is already making too much of that.
It'll have to fit into a LGA1366 Socket and be compatible with an Intel Core i7.

Appreciate any help, cheers.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu cooler
  1. Niddelaj said:
    Hey everyone.

    I am trying to upgrade my computer just a bit and I've noticed that the CPU seems to be getting rather hot. More than it should be!
    So I'm here asking for an advice on a new CPU cooler that isn't too expensive and doesn't make too much noise because as it is my computer is already making too much of that.
    It'll have to fit into a LGA1366 Socket and be compatible with an Intel Core i7.

    Appreciate any help, cheers.


    i recommend any of the corsair all in one water coolers, especially the h100i if it's in your budget and will fit in your case. their other single fan coolers are great, will keep it cool, dead silent and are better on your motherboard than a box cooler.
  2. This is probably the most popular fan you'll see in a lot of builds ($35 in the U.S.): http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo.html

    Just make sure your case has 160mm clearance so it fits.
  3. Thank you two for the fast respond!
    I'm not entirely sure how much space I actually have but if it's any help my case is an Antec Nine Hundred - http://store.antec.com/Product/enclosure-gear_for_gamers/nine-hundred/0-761345-15900-5.aspx
    I'll have to measure that when I'm back home.
  4. Best answer
    Niddelaj said:
    Thank you two for the fast respond!
    I'm not entirely sure how much space I actually have but if it's any help my case is an Antec Nine Hundred - http://store.antec.com/Product/enclosure-gear_for_gamers/nine-hundred/0-761345-15900-5.aspx
    I'll have to measure that when I'm back home.


    oh than you should be fine for either, a water cooler will be more quiet but may cost more, check out newegg.com or ncix.com, they both have great discounts all the time. good luck!
  5. Thank you very much for the help. I'll do just that and hopefully end up with a cooling system to my liking!
    Cheers.
  6. Niddelaj said:
    Thank you very much for the help. I'll do just that and hopefully end up with a cooling system to my liking!
    Cheers.


    any time, much luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Computers CPUs Components