Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

google chrome very slow opening pages after 8.1 upgrade

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
October 31, 2013 10:30:52 AM

Everything has become very slow after upgrade from Windows 8 pro to 8.1 pro. Google Chrome used to snap open and now there is a lag for about 6 to 8 seconds. There is also a lag after sign in. There are other lags also, but those are the most significant ones. I don't have the other problems with shut down and power on, it is the same as before. I removed hibernate from command prompt. I cloned my hard drive before upgrading and am debating going back unless there is a solution, does anyone have one?
October 31, 2013 12:46:02 PM

Hi, thx for the quick reply. Everything is updated (hardware and software) and I don't have any extensions.
Re-installed Chrome, nothing changed.
From my original post, 6-8 seconds was a guess, when I timed it, it was actually about 16 seconds.
I updated to 8.1 almost a week ago, checking everyday for updates. Finally yesterday a Windows optional update showed up which I believe repaired the problem. It was the Nvidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1... Now Chrome takes 3 seconds, when there, everything snaps open.
m
0
l
December 8, 2013 7:54:35 PM

TonyMontreal said:
Everything has become very slow after upgrade from Windows 8 pro to 8.1 pro. Google Chrome used to snap open and now there is a lag for about 6 to 8 seconds. There is also a lag after sign in. There are other lags also, but those are the most significant ones. I don't have the other problems with shut down and power on, it is the same as before. I removed hibernate from command prompt. I cloned my hard drive before upgrading and am debating going back unless there is a solution, does anyone have one?


m
0
l
Related resources
December 8, 2013 7:59:46 PM

After upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 I'm having slow load times for all browsers and for Outlook 2010 too. I've tried various things to resolve the issue but so far, nothing has helped.

I posted this issue on the Microsoft Windows 8 Forum but Microsoft hasn't responded with anything that helped.
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 8:03:43 PM

WCarp said:
After upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 I'm having slow load times for all browsers and for Outlook 2010 too. I've tried various things to resolve the issue but so far, nothing has helped.

I posted this issue on the Microsoft Windows 8 Forum but Microsoft hasn't responded with anything that helped.


m
0
l
December 9, 2013 8:06:09 PM

Hi, check my second post. Everything started working properly after the nvdia update. I hope this works for you.
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 9:13:06 PM

I checked and found that NVIDIA did have a newer driver and installed it but it didn't help.

Thanks
m
0
l
April 1, 2014 10:41:07 AM

basically microsoft sucks balls. It keeps getting worse.. Basically ... substandard shit at low cost. I find this to be even worse than Apple's elitism.
m
0
l
April 18, 2014 12:01:26 AM

WCarp said:
I checked and found that NVIDIA did have a newer driver and installed it but it didn't help.

Thanks


I found the solution on my setup to be:
in Google Chrome go to settings page,
then open advanced settings on the bottom of that page,
go down to the bottom of that page to the 'System' section and
Uncheck the selection for 'use hardware acceleration when available'.

I know it sounds crazy to uncheck something to make it work, who would think...
m
0
l
!