Solved

Using RAM 1333 set 1600 in bios

im currently using 2 stick of RAM, 1 is 4GB single chnl 1600, and 1 is 2GB 1333. BIOS has set it up at 1600, is it fine if the 1333 set at 1600?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ram 1333 set 1600 bios
  1. Yes, if you are not having problems, it is okay.
  2. Just to make sure its not having problems you will probably want to run memtest86 and also give it a 24 hour run through of prime95 to check for errors.
  3. Running 1333 @ 1600 is just asking for trouble, your better off dropping the 1600 @ 1333.
  4. Not sure why its even running at 1600 unless you have it manually set in the Bios. usually they run at the lowest speed. And thats quite a bit of a jump for overclocking if its just your basic memory and not your high end stuff
  5. Best answer
    Get CPU-Z and check in the memory tab - it will show the freq at 800 if you are running 1600 as this is DDR (Double data rate)...if running 1600 and rig is stable - then you're good to go !
  6. jitpublisher said:
    Yes, if you are not having problems, it is okay.


    Geef said:
    Just to make sure its not having problems you will probably want to run memtest86 and also give it a 24 hour run through of prime95 to check for errors.


    das_stig said:
    Running 1333 @ 1600 is just asking for trouble, your better off dropping the 1600 @ 1333.


    Anonymous said:
    Not sure why its even running at 1600 unless you have it manually set in the Bios. usually they run at the lowest speed. And thats quite a bit of a jump for overclocking if its just your basic memory and not your high end stuff


    Anonymous said:
    Get CPU-Z and check in the memory tab - it will show the freq at 800 if you are running 1600 as this is DDR (Double data rate)...if running 1600 and rig is stable - then you're good to go !


    thank u all. thats why i opened this thread, i want to know if i will get problem doing this. hehehe my physics score with 3dmark11 is too low, so someone suggest me to set my RAM to 1600
Ask a new question

Read More

BIOS RAM Memory