Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need advice for choosing the right parts for my new PC

Last response: in Components
Share
October 31, 2013 11:24:02 AM

Hi..
i want to build a new PC. i am not a gamer and i want to build something like HTPC with a MIDI TOWER Case.
i am not sure witch motherboard socket to choose..
Thinking for socket 1150 and i have found some parts and i want your opinion...

CASE: MS-TECH CA-0300 HORNET NG BLACK/GREY WITH RED LED FANS
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS H87 PLUS RETAIL
CPU: INTEL CORE I3-4330 3.50GHZ LGA1150 - BOX
RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHZ RIPJAWSX DUAL CHANNEL KIT
GRAPHIC CARD:ASUS GTX650TI-1GD5 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E RETAIL
HDD: SAMSUNG MZ-7TE120BW 840 EVO SERIES SSD 120GB 2.5'' SATA3
PSU: INTER-TECH SL-550W 550W PSU

So what do you think guys?
Thanks

More about : advice choosing parts

a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2013 11:31:59 AM

Looks all good, apart from I, personally, would go with an i5 processor. As you're not a gamer, the better motherboard might be something like the Asus H87 series, which would allow you to fit a graphics card if you decide to.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 31, 2013 11:49:14 AM

Aspire77360 said:
Looks all good, apart from I, personally, would go with an i5 processor. As you're not a gamer, the better motherboard might be something like the Asus H87 series, which would allow you to fit a graphics card if you decide to.


yes i know that i5 has more advantages but do i really need it? as for the motherboard i had chose Asus h87 plus and for graphic card asus gtx650ti.. what do you think? thanks
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2013 11:51:12 AM

opeth81 said:
Aspire77360 said:
Looks all good, apart from I, personally, would go with an i5 processor. As you're not a gamer, the better motherboard might be something like the Asus H87 series, which would allow you to fit a graphics card if you decide to.


yes i know that i5 has more advantages but do i really need it? as for the motherboard i had chose Asus h87 plus and for graphic card asus gtx650ti.. what do you think? thanks


Good point, didn't see those!!! What is your budget?
m
0
l
October 31, 2013 11:59:52 AM

Aspire77360 said:
opeth81 said:
11831876,0,1441245 said:
Looks all good, apart from I, personally, would go with an i5 processor. As you're not a gamer, the better motherboard might be something like the Asus H87 series, which would allow you to fit a graphics card if you decide to.
said:


yes i know that i5 has more advantages but do i really need it? as for the motherboard i had chose Asus h87 plus and for graphic card asus gtx650ti.. what do you think? thanks
said:


Good point, didn't see those!!! What is your budget?[/qu

Around 700-750 Euros

m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2013 12:10:28 PM

In which case, your build is about right, apart from the H87 series of motherboard apparently only supports Crossfire(AMD) and not SLI(Nvidia) graphics card, which would affect your rig. I would recommend changing to a motherboard with the Z87 chipset. The other features of the Z87 is that they allow overclocking, but as you don't intend to overclock, it renders the point mute.
m
0
l
October 31, 2013 12:42:14 PM

Aspire77360 said:
In which case, your build is about right, apart from the H87 series of motherboard apparently only supports Crossfire(AMD) and not SLI(Nvidia) graphics card, which would affect your rig. I would recommend changing to a motherboard with the Z87 chipset. The other features of the Z87 is that they allow overclocking, but as you don't intend to overclock, it renders the point mute.


Thanks.. didn't know that
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2013 12:52:40 PM

No prob

opeth81 said:
Aspire77360 said:
In which case, your build is about right, apart from the H87 series of motherboard apparently only supports Crossfire(AMD) and not SLI(Nvidia) graphics card, which would affect your rig. I would recommend changing to a motherboard with the Z87 chipset. The other features of the Z87 is that they allow overclocking, but as you don't intend to overclock, it renders the point mute.


Thanks.. didn't know that


m
0
l
October 31, 2013 1:00:40 PM

Aspire77360 said:
No prob

opeth81 said:
Aspire77360 said:
In which case, your build is about right, apart from the H87 series of motherboard apparently only supports Crossfire(AMD) and not SLI(Nvidia) graphics card, which would affect your rig. I would recommend changing to a motherboard with the Z87 chipset. The other features of the Z87 is that they allow overclocking, but as you don't intend to overclock, it renders the point mute.


Thanks.. didn't know that




any Z87 ? ASUS Z87-K RETAIL is that ok?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2013 1:02:33 PM

No prob

opeth81 said:
Aspire77360 said:
In which case, your build is about right, apart from the H87 series of motherboard apparently only supports Crossfire(AMD) and not SLI(Nvidia) graphics card, which would affect your rig. I would recommend changing to a motherboard with the Z87 chipset. The other features of the Z87 is that they allow overclocking, but as you don't intend to overclock, it renders the point mute.


Thanks.. didn't know that


m
0
l
!