Solved

Asus 1GB 7790 or MSI 2GB 7790?

some specs if needed: Cpu I5 3570k @ 4.3
Memory 8Gb 2400
1Tb wd blue
600W corsair semi modular psu

Cant decide between these two card the asus: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-7790-Direct-Graphics-Card/dp/B00C6334AC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383255573&sr=8-1&keywords=7790
which flubit offerd me @ £83

or the Msi: http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-HD7790-DDR5-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DURD12Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383255573&sr=8-3&keywords=7790 which flubit have offerd me @ 85

the asus looks like it would be better cooled but had 1Gb less RAM which i know should not be an issue as the extra will make no difference. But if i was to xfire down the line when i spot a bargain 7790 to do it *fingers crossed* would the 2Gb frame buffer not be needed?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus 1gb 7790 msi 2gb 7790
  1. Games nowadays need 2GB VRAM minimum, so I would pick the 2GB version.
  2. Ectorr said:
    Games nowadays need 2GB VRAM minimum, so I would pick the 2GB version.

    Your probably correct but will the lowish end 7790 be able to use the 2Gb is what i am wondering?
  3. jamatoke said:
    Ectorr said:
    Games nowadays need 2GB VRAM minimum, so I would pick the 2GB version.

    Your probably correct but will the lowish end 7790 be able to use the 2Gb is what i am wondering?


    I don't understand whats ur problem with higher VRAM for same price.
  4. Ectorr said:
    jamatoke said:
    Ectorr said:
    Games nowadays need 2GB VRAM minimum, so I would pick the 2GB version.

    Your probably correct but will the lowish end 7790 be able to use the 2Gb is what i am wondering?


    I don't understand whats ur problem with higher VRAM for same price.

    I already stated the problem. go for the better cooling solution or higher vram?
  5. Best answer
    If u don't want to play on low settings in these days, go with higher VRAM.(U won't need DC2 cooling ). Btw I recommend 270X models much more. There u can go for the DC2 cooling.
  6. Ectorr said:
    If u don't want to play on low settings in these days, go with higher VRAM.(U won't need DC2 cooling ). Btw I recommend 270X models much more. There u can go for the DC2 cooling.

    looks like it will be the 2Gb card then.
    Would love a 270X but they are currently double the price i am getting the 7790 for.
  7. Trust me, u won't regret that extra VRAM. Have fun!

    /Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./
  8. Cheers bud
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i5 Graphics CPUs Asus Radeon MSI-Microstar