Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Windows 8 ASRock extreme 7 Gen 3 Tuning utility

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
October 31, 2013 3:19:32 PM

Hi All,

I just installed windows 8 on my computer for reasons unknown to me at this time and I'm wishing I didnt.

I can't seem to find the right answer to what utility to use to overclock my ram and CPU. I used to use the ASRock extreme tuning utility (found here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=W...)

But When I go to the windows 8 drivers it is not listed there... Any ideas on what I should use going forward?

Thanks
a c 141 K Overclocking
a b * Windows 8
October 31, 2013 3:34:34 PM

pr3dict said:
Hi All,

I just installed windows 8 on my computer for reasons unknown to me at this time and I'm wishing I didnt.

I can't seem to find the right answer to what utility to use to overclock my ram and CPU. I used to use the ASRock extreme tuning utility (found here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=W...)

But When I go to the windows 8 drivers it is not listed there... Any ideas on what I should use going forward?

Thanks


Look a little further down the page, it is listed under "Utilities".

You may have to update your BIOS and some other stuff to use it. Read the "Description" carefully!

Yogi

m
0
l
October 31, 2013 3:38:44 PM

If you are looking at the link I sent you that is for windos 7 users...

for windows 8 users http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=B...

does not show anything related to the tuner under utilities.

Y0GI said:
pr3dict said:
Hi All,

I just installed windows 8 on my computer for reasons unknown to me at this time and I'm wishing I didnt.

I can't seem to find the right answer to what utility to use to overclock my ram and CPU. I used to use the ASRock extreme tuning utility (found here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=W...)

But When I go to the windows 8 drivers it is not listed there... Any ideas on what I should use going forward?

Thanks


Look a little further down the page, it is listed under "Utilities".

You may have to update your BIOS and some other stuff to use it. Read the "Description" carefully!

Yogi


m
0
l
Related resources
a c 141 K Overclocking
a b * Windows 8
October 31, 2013 3:44:33 PM

Try the Intel version: Intel XTU
Yogi
m
0
l
October 31, 2013 5:09:05 PM

I tried using that as recommended but all the tuning sliders are greyed out and I cannot change any of the settings... I am using a 2500k so I know I can overclock it.

Any other ideas?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 141 K Overclocking
a b * Windows 8
October 31, 2013 5:22:57 PM

pr3dict said:
I tried using that as recommended but all the tuning sliders are greyed out and I cannot change any of the settings... I am using a 2500k so I know I can overclock it.

Any other ideas?


Go back to Win 7? Dual boot Win7/Win8?

No good solutions other than just giving up on IXTU and making all changes in the BIOS.

Do you have the latest BIOS and the latest Intel ME?

Yogi

Share
!