Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Cooler Master Seidon 120m vs hyper evo 212?

Last response: in Components
Share
October 31, 2013 4:35:45 PM

so i have the option to get the seidon for free but have heard stuff about bad noise and about how water coolers can start leaking or fail and fry your components!!! the evo is about 10 euro more so im not too sure because im already on a budget!!! so what are the chances of leaking or failure? and how is the noise on it as of heard about rattling noises it makes but apperently was patched? any thoughts????
October 31, 2013 4:46:03 PM

I've heard really bad things about the cheap watercooling loops. Not only do you have to maintain them much more often, there is also the possibility of leaks.

I couldn't be happier with my EVO, it dropped stock temps almost 20 degrees.

Best solution

October 31, 2013 4:47:52 PM
Share

Heyo!

The question is how hard you gonna OC ?
If only light OC stick with the 212 evo. Or if u go water consider something from corsair instead.
Be sure ur case has enough room for any of these coolers.

Have fun!

/Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./
Related resources
October 31, 2013 4:51:37 PM

Ectorr said:
Heyo!

The question is how hard you gonna OC ?
If only light OC stick with the 212 evo. Or if u go water consider something from corsair instead.
Be sure ur case has enough room for any of these coolers.

Have fun!

/Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./


I'm getting a i7 4770k and would hope to oc to 4.0 maybe 4.2???
October 31, 2013 4:53:06 PM

SWAGMASTER said:
Ectorr said:
Heyo!

The question is how hard you gonna OC ?
If only light OC stick with the 212 evo. Or if u go water consider something from corsair instead.
Be sure ur case has enough room for any of these coolers.

Have fun!

/Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./


I'm getting a i7 4770k and would hope to oc to 4.0 maybe 4.2???


U will be fine with an EVO, no need of watercooling.
October 31, 2013 4:54:47 PM

Ectorr said:
SWAGMASTER said:
Ectorr said:
Heyo!

The question is how hard you gonna OC ?
If only light OC stick with the 212 evo. Or if u go water consider something from corsair instead.
Be sure ur case has enough room for any of these coolers.

Have fun!

/Don't forget to pick a best solution everytime, the community members appreciate that./


I'm getting a i7 4770k and would hope to oc to 4.0 maybe 4.2???


U will be fine with an EVO, no need of watercooling.


how much would i be able to overclock with the evo?
October 31, 2013 4:57:50 PM

It depends on mobo as well, but I think 4-4,2 easily.
!