Solved

First computer build please help

I'm new to the computer world but I've done some research. Is this a good build ?

Intel i7-4770k

Asus Sabertooth z87 motherboard

Gpu want to wait for Radeon r9 290x

Kingston HyperX 3k 250GB

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3

VelociRaptor 600 GB HD

Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower

Corsair hydro h100i

What PSU should I buy ?

What should I change ?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer build
  1. what are all the programs, games and uses you will be using the computer for and what is your budget?
  2. TikTokRobotSnot said:
    I'm new to the computer world but I've done some research. Is this a good build ?

    Intel i7-4770k

    Asus Sabertooth z87 motherboard

    Gpu want to wait for Radeon r9 290x

    Kingston HyperX 3k 250GB

    Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3

    VelociRaptor 600 GB HD

    Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower

    Corsair hydro h100i

    What PSU should I buy ?

    What should I change ?


    sheag123 said:
    what are all the programs, games and uses you will be using the computer for and what is your budget?


    Lots of Gaming like bf, elder scrolls, gta, crysis etc. and some video editing, Photoshop
    Budget $2300.
  3. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKLE
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKLE/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKLE/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($142.20 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($149.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card ($569.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.49 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 660W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1839.58

    the case is watever you want, what do you mean wait for the 290x?

    i would almost reccomend the msi gtx 780 lightning cause it will run a lot cooler and will be able to overclock a decent amount higher than the 290x.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKJx
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKJx/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKJx/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($157.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($149.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($539.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.49 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 660W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1808.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-31 21:45 EDT-0400)
  4. sheag123 said:
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKLE
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKLE/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKLE/benchmarks/
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($142.20 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($149.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card ($569.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.49 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 660W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1839.58

    the case is watever you want, what do you mean wait for the 290x?

    i would almost reccomend the msi gtx 780 lightning cause it will run a lot cooler and will be able to overclock a decent amount higher than the 290x.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKJx
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKJx/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VKJx/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($157.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($149.95 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($539.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.49 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 660W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1808.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-31 21:45 EDT-0400)


    I meant il wait for newer 290x gpus but I guess il buy which ever is best. And is a 660w PSU enough power for this build ? And thank you you've been a big help
  5. the newer ones wont be out till next year, thats the word on the street at least.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components