Solved

Need help building first time gaming PC. :D

I want a PC that can run any game at at least 30 FPS on med-high settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far I have this set up in mind:
CPU - AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz AM3 Socket 14MB Cache
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 DDR3
RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU - Sapphire Dual X R9 270X
Hard Drive - 500GB
PSU - Corsair 600W
CPU Cooler - Xigmatek Loki
OS - Windows 8.1

It comes to a rough total of £560. Now, here are my questions:
1. Will it run Battlefield 4 at an average of 30 FPS on medium settings?
2. Is there any components I am missing such as something to access the internet.
3. What case would you recommend I buy?
4. And, I have a 32" 720p LCD TV, would this be adequate for gaming?

Thank you all very much in advance, I am look forward to your replies.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building time gaming
  1. Andy647 said:
    I want a PC that can run any game at at least 30 FPS on med-high settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    So far I have this set up in mind:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz AM3 Socket 14MB Cache
    Motherboard - Asus M5A97 DDR3
    RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    GPU - Sapphire Dual X R9 270X
    Hard Drive - 500GB
    PSU - Corsair 600W
    CPU Cooler - Xigmatek Loki
    OS - Windows 8.1

    It comes to a rough total of £560. Now, here are my questions:
    1. Will it run Battlefield 4 at an average of 30 FPS on medium settings?
    2. Is there any components I am missing such as something to access the internet.
    3. What case would you recommend I buy?
    4. And, I have a 32" 720p LCD TV, would this be adequate for gaming?

    Thank you all very much in advance, I am look forward to your replies.


    Since you only have a 720p screen BF4 would probably run at 30+ on ultra.
    A usb wifi adapter would be fine get a cheap one doesnt matter too much.
    as for the case i would say the source 210 or the tempest 210 are good cases for a decent lower price.
    What psu is it? The CX series is not that good so i would recommend another good priced one like the GS600
  2. diazalon said:
    Andy647 said:
    I want a PC that can run any game at at least 30 FPS on med-high settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    So far I have this set up in mind:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz AM3 Socket 14MB Cache
    Motherboard - Asus M5A97 DDR3
    RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    GPU - Sapphire Dual X R9 270X
    Hard Drive - 500GB
    PSU - Corsair 600W
    CPU Cooler - Xigmatek Loki
    OS - Windows 8.1

    It comes to a rough total of £560. Now, here are my questions:
    1. Will it run Battlefield 4 at an average of 30 FPS on medium settings?
    2. Is there any components I am missing such as something to access the internet.
    3. What case would you recommend I buy?
    4. And, I have a 32" 720p LCD TV, would this be adequate for gaming?

    Thank you all very much in advance, I am look forward to your replies.


    Since you only have a 720p screen BF4 would probably run at 30+ on ultra.
    A usb wifi adapter would be fine get a cheap one doesnt matter too much.
    as for the case i would say the source 210 or the tempest 210 are good cases for a decent lower price.
    What psu is it? The CX series is not that good so i would recommend another good priced one like the GS600


    Thank you very much, I will buy a usb wifi adapter, I will have a look at the two cases you recommended. It is this:
    http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-600w-builder-series-cx-series-cx-80--bronze-atx-power-supply-8CDC.html
  3. Best answer
    Andy647 said:
    diazalon said:
    Andy647 said:
    I want a PC that can run any game at at least 30 FPS on med-high settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    So far I have this set up in mind:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz AM3 Socket 14MB Cache
    Motherboard - Asus M5A97 DDR3
    RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    GPU - Sapphire Dual X R9 270X
    Hard Drive - 500GB
    PSU - Corsair 600W
    CPU Cooler - Xigmatek Loki
    OS - Windows 8.1

    It comes to a rough total of £560. Now, here are my questions:
    1. Will it run Battlefield 4 at an average of 30 FPS on medium settings?
    2. Is there any components I am missing such as something to access the internet.
    3. What case would you recommend I buy?
    4. And, I have a 32" 720p LCD TV, would this be adequate for gaming?

    Thank you all very much in advance, I am look forward to your replies.


    Since you only have a 720p screen BF4 would probably run at 30+ on ultra.
    A usb wifi adapter would be fine get a cheap one doesnt matter too much.
    as for the case i would say the source 210 or the tempest 210 are good cases for a decent lower price.
    What psu is it? The CX series is not that good so i would recommend another good priced one like the GS600


    Thank you very much, I will buy a usb wifi adapter, I will have a look at the two cases you recommended. It is this:
    http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-600w-builder-series-cx-series-cx-80--bronze-atx-power-supply-8CDC.html


    I do not recommend that psu as it is not very good quality get some thing bette like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AMLKARU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=181GJ5ZMSQA17ER8A9BX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=429454147&pf_rd_i=468294
    Or this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-SuperNOVA-NEX650G-Fully-Modular/dp/B00A03LW54/ref=sr_1_15?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1383331395&sr=1-15&keywords=650w
    10 year warranty 80+ gold, i like it alot
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD FX-6300 Systems Radeon R9 270X