$1600 Gaming build for a friend

Akrasiel

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: He is looking to place the order within the next week.

Budget Range: We are looking at $1600 after shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: He is pretty much 100% Gaming. He also does a little streaming as well while he plays.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Full new build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: We will be ordering everything on Newegg with my account. We could order a few parts elsewhere if the price difference is worth it ($50 differences or so)

Location: This will be shipped to and built in Phoenix Arizona

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU is preferred.

Overclocking: Probably not.

SLI or Crossfire: He wants to get a second card to SLI/Crossfire in the future, but for now, no.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: HE is currently gaming on an Older laptop. The keyboard no longer functions, so he has to use a USB keyboard with it. The system freezes at times, and is starting to have display issues, so he is looking to switch to a Desktop PC.

This is the Part list I have put together so far. Looking to see what the community thinks about it, and what I could change in it to bring out a bit more performance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Terrasai/saved/2Ipr

tingc222

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
-There's a Seasonic X-1050 on newegg for $140. Get it for potential SLI
-I would go for a cheaper air solution, EVO 212, for cooling. Save yourself the $80. Not worth it.
-Go with an ASUS or Gigabyte board. Pass on Z77 Asrocks as they don't use good components. The UD3H is a great start. I'd recommend a UP4 due to its VRM design(I went through the trouble of having an ASRock, returning it, and ended up paying for the UP4. No regrets)
-Samsung 250GB EVO for SSD is plenty, and will save you $50
-$79 Fractal Define R4 case, black with window. Check it out. Best value anywhere.
-This should afford you to tier up to the GTX770 (I'd get the 4GB version) or the R9 280X. Significantly more powerful cards with good potential for SLI/XF later.