Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

fps drop suddenly in BATTLEFIELD 4 ON 560ti

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 2, 2013 11:55:43 PM

hello friend,
i have one problem in bf4 when i am playing that game it goes smooth at 1080p at 40-50fps but after 15 min it fps goes unstable it changes15-20-25 fps which not playable.
but after restarting game it goes smooth and then same as UNSTABLE

MY config
i3 cpu 540
4gb ram
asus 560ti
windows 8

game setting AUTO
at 1080P



November 3, 2013 12:03:38 AM

which vram 560ti are you using
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 12:07:27 AM

1gb vram

m
0
l
Related resources
November 3, 2013 12:08:37 AM

Hi
I`m guessing you have GPU overheat or bad GPU

Start FURMARK
Start Burn-in test
Watch on the left upper corner :
GPU Temp
GPU Usage %
GPU Core MHz

If you GPU is overheating when the temp reach 80-85 degre you gonna see drop in the Core Mhz and GPU usage from 99% to 50 %
This is couse by bad cooling or bad GPU - older GPU`s have this problem ....

Observe the FURMARK for like 30 -40 min. and you gonna have an look on the problem

The next step i`ll do in you case is to repeat the same test with Internet connection DISCONNECTED
I`v posted 5 min. ago - i had this problem recently - malware caused 50% drop in the FPS with active Internet connection !
m
0
l

Best solution

November 3, 2013 12:11:03 AM

the vram is a possible candidate for the lags. its smooth until you hit the 1gb vram wall, which will then start to lag(or crash dependant on game). 1920x1080's recommendation I would think is 2gb vram.

it stops lagging after rebooting the game probably because the data stored in the vram is wiped.

easiest way to isolate if its a vram program is use a program that has the ability to track vram use(e.g msi afterburner, precision x, gpu-z)
Share
November 3, 2013 12:20:45 AM

dudewitbow said:
the vram is a possible candidate for the lags. its smooth until you hit the 1gb vram wall, which will then start to lag(or crash dependant on game). 1920x1080's recommendation I would think is 2gb vram.

it stops lagging after rebooting the game probably because the data stored in the vram is wiped.

easiest way to isolate if its a vram program is use a program that has the ability to track vram use(e.g msi afterburner, precision x, gpu-z)



but dude evennthough i lower resolution 900p,720p i got same problem

m
0
l
November 3, 2013 12:28:25 AM

if it isnt vram, be sure to isolate all possible hardware related oddities. while gaming, record your vram, gpu usage and cpu usage. If any of them are hitting 100% constantly, then lag is bound to happpen. Report on Temperature of gpu as well as the last thing you want is throttling to occur
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 12:30:19 AM

dudewitbow said:
if it isnt vram, be sure to isolate all possible hardware related oddities. while gaming, record your vram, gpu usage and cpu usage. If any of them are hitting 100% constantly, then lag is bound to happpen. Report on Temperature of gpu as well as the last thing you want is throttling to occur

how i record all usage ?

m
0
l
November 3, 2013 12:39:26 AM

MSI afterburner I would think will have most of the data that you will need when it is running the OSD
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 8:00:44 AM


Hey guys, Hello! I am too having the same problem! I am using Hd7950 OC and FX8320. The game generally runs smooth in 60FPS ultra but suddenly, there are awful fps drops which take 10 seconds or more to recover from. They happen in random but but in every game there is one.
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 12:29:07 PM

Yeah me too I have the exact same problem.. Running the game with i5 3330, 4Gb ram, Nvidia GTX 650 ,Win 7.. dosen't matter If the settings are on Ultra or Lowest Fps becomes unstable.... really annoying when ur in the Heat of Combat
m
0
l
November 18, 2013 5:39:57 AM

Battlefield4lagslikeshit said:

Hey guys, Hello! I am too having the same problem! I am using Hd7950 OC and FX8320. The game generally runs smooth in 60FPS ultra but suddenly, there are awful fps drops which take 10 seconds or more to recover from. They happen in random but but in every game there is one.

Are you overclocking your CPU? Have you tried un-parking your cores and enabling hpc mode in your bios?
m
0
l
November 18, 2013 7:23:31 AM

Could be running out of VRAM at high settings. Only having 4GB of system RAM is also going to hurt, when you consider the system as a whole is going to eat about ~1.5GB. If a lot of data needs to be shuffled to the HDD to try and make stuff fit into main memory, performance could tank. I'd invest in a RAM upgrade before anything else. [8GB is basically standard these days]
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 8:10:50 AM

I got this from the web`s till i was google around ...
And this is for AMD FX CPU`s but hwo knows if it`s working then it`s for you to :) 

1. Try to sett the BF4 process priority to LOW - Yes LOW ....
if this is not helping and you still drop FPS try next one ....
2. DIsable 2 of the COREs - you can do it trough msconfig - boot - advanced - CPU core number option

Try those and post back i`m curriose :) 
I have i7 platform and verry old GPU and i have no issue even on Ultra settings and no FPS drop here :) 
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 8:31:45 AM

Thats really weird. What manufacturer is the card from? Monitor your temps you may need to adjust your fan profile.
m
0
l
March 17, 2014 10:32:38 AM

mayur_99 said:
hello friend,
i have one problem in bf4 when i am playing that game it goes smooth at 1080p at 40-50fps but after 15 min it fps goes unstable it changes15-20-25 fps which not playable.
but after restarting game it goes smooth and then same as UNSTABLE

MY config
i3 cpu 540
4gb ram
asus 560ti
windows 8

game setting AUTO
at 1080P





mayur_99 said:
dudewitbow said:
the vram is a possible candidate for the lags. its smooth until you hit the 1gb vram wall, which will then start to lag(or crash dependant on game). 1920x1080's recommendation I would think is 2gb vram.

it stops lagging after rebooting the game probably because the data stored in the vram is wiped.

easiest way to isolate if its a vram program is use a program that has the ability to track vram use(e.g msi afterburner, precision x, gpu-z)



but dude evennthough i lower resolution 900p,720p i got same problem



Hi,

I am really sure that the lag spikes happen because of your CPU.
I had the i3 540 too and BF3 was really laggy back then.
After just upgrading my CPU i got about 20 frames more.
I bought the i5 4670k and it helped me a lot.
Your CPU laggs because it is a dual core and it also is not overclockable and you cannot unpark your cores because it is a non-k CPU.
I would recommend you to buy a new quad core CPU and it depends on your budget which you wanna buy.
You don't need anything better than an i5 4670k for Battlefield 4 but even an AMD FX 6300 will do fine :) .

Hope it helps.
m
0
l
!