What is a good CPU that I can upgrade my ACER T180 to?

Brayden Johnson

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I have an Acer T180 with an Amd Athlon x2 3600+ (AM2+ scoket), Running windows vista 32-bit with 3gb of ram, 500W PSU, and Geforce GTX 650ti graphics (added a few weeks ago, uncles old card). I'm wondering what a good cpu I can upgrade too is, as I use this computer for playing games like minecraft, world of warcraft, warframe, starcraft 2, and Team Fortress 2 (on pretty low settings, and only gaming at 1440x900 resolution) But the current processor cant handle the games like warframe and tf2 very well, which is why I want to upgrade it. I'd prefer not to have to do a bios update, but I will if I have to, So can someone suggest a good cpu for me to upgrade to?

Solution
depends what cpu's the bio supports. Name brand PC's don't always allow for many cpu upgrades as they are locked to recongize the couple of cpu models that the particular model came with. Usually, the faster cpu that was offered at the time of the system on sale, that's the fastest you can add.
depends what cpu's the bio supports. Name brand PC's don't always allow for many cpu upgrades as they are locked to recongize the couple of cpu models that the particular model came with. Usually, the faster cpu that was offered at the time of the system on sale, that's the fastest you can add.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS