Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

best high-end 700$ gaming pc?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 3, 2013 7:33:25 PM

looking for a high end pc that can run at least most recent and upcoming games, like for example: Battlefield 4, Batman Arkham Origins, CoD ghosts e.t.c on max settings (if not, high)with a solid 60fps ( won't accept anything lower than 30) including an OS,a monitor, Keyboard, mouse, and maybe a built-in speaker on the keyboard.

More about : high end 700 gaming

a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 7:51:50 PM

So... a $500 gaming pc?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 7:59:26 PM

expect $250 for screen and perihperals and OS

Simple gaming build, should play at 50ish fps 1080p high in most games

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $509.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-03 23:01 EST-0500)
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 275 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 8:02:44 PM

You CAN NOT get a rig for $700 including monitor and os that can play BF4 on max or high with solid fps. Not even close.

This is the best I can do:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($77.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($59.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card ($128.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($98.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor ($124.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($13.49 @ B&H)
Total: $712.12
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-03 23:02 EST-0500)

It's not the most ideal rig for BF4, but it's probably the best you can do.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 8:11:58 PM

Updated version- you can get a cheaper yet capable motherboard but lose out on SATA3 (main concern is SSD's will not be as fast)[$30 cheaper]

The 7850 can hit 50ish fps with 1080p high in bf4

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($13.49 @ B&H)
Total: $728.15
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-03 23:11 EST-0500)

Taking inspiration from realchaos

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($77.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A85XA-G43 ATX FM2 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($13.49 @ B&H)
Total: $665.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-03 23:13 EST-0500)
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 8:14:48 PM

edit: I have an old monitor/speakers, but I'm not sure they can be used for the pc build
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 8:19:35 PM

can I use a NZXT source 210 (black) instead of the antec case? because it looks more appealing to me and it's a bit cheaper, but I don't know the actual diffrence between the two
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 8:22:05 PM

and thanks for the help, I didn't really expect to go extreme max settings lol, but high and solid 50's is good enough for me
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 8:22:21 PM

sure, you lose out fan filters, maybe a fan as well iirc but if you like the look then by all means :) 
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 8:24:26 PM

stickmansam said:
sure, you lose out fan filters, maybe a fan as well iirc but if you like the look then by all means :) 


would losing the fan filter and iirc be a problem? like overheating?
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 8:24:39 PM

why is everyone going for AMD processors ? what about intel?
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 8:27:37 PM

mrjojo said:
why is everyone going for AMD processors ? what about intel?


I've read and heard that most game developers like DICE for example are going to be taking advantage of the AMD Processors. I haven't a clue for intel

m
0
l
a c 275 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 8:43:17 PM

At this budget, going for an Intel processor will severely cut down on your gpu performance. Intel processors are the best for gaming right now, but AMD is cheaper and still performs decently.

What is your old monitor?

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 8:53:27 PM

yes for your budget, AMD is better value

fan filter means you need to clean out dust yourself, nothing much
you can even create your own filters if you want to spend time on it
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 9:09:41 PM

realchaos said:
At this budget, going for an Intel processor will severely cut down on your gpu performance. Intel processors are the best for gaming right now, but AMD is cheaper and still performs decently.

What is your old monitor?


I'm unsure how old, or what it is, but I know it's a dell. I got it from a garage sale. on the back it has this bulk-ish stem that connects the monitor to the stand, here's a link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-UltraSharp-1905FP-Gray-19-...
it looks to be similar to that

m
0
l
November 3, 2013 9:12:54 PM

stickmansam said:
yes for your budget, AMD is better value

fan filter means you need to clean out dust yourself, nothing much
you can even create your own filters if you want to spend time on it


nah, I'll go with the one you recommended, it sounds like it saves me the trouble. I actually wanted the nsxt phantom which looks really cool but i's alot of money. I'll probably use that when I upgrade.
m
0
l
November 3, 2013 9:14:39 PM

edit: let's say I did have "old" monitor and the speakers working in fine condition, what would you recommend me then? although I still have to pay for the OS and the keyboard
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 9:19:43 PM

This is basically my build from before but screen gone :p 

at 1024p, the 7850 will be awesome
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($13.49 @ B&H)
Total: $608.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-04 00:18 EST-0500)

For a more potent build, you can get a 7870XT which is about $60 more than the 7850, and for $50 upgrade to the FX8320

Share
November 3, 2013 9:28:03 PM

stickmansam said:
This is basically my build from before but screen gone :p 

at 1024p, the 7850 will be awesome
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($13.49 @ B&H)
Total: $608.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-04 00:18 EST-0500)

For a more potent build, you can get a 7870XT which is about $60 more than the 7850, and for $50 upgrade to the FX8320




this actually helps a lot man it helps me grasp the concept of cpu and gpu. thanks my dude!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 3, 2013 9:36:21 PM

No problem
m
0
l
!