Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need advice on budget build

Last response: in Components
Share
November 4, 2013 11:05:19 AM

I'll try & be short & sweet with this because I tend to write a LOT.

Things I want out of my build:

-I want a build that can give me as much gaming performance as humanly possible, for as cheap as possible.

-I want to spend about $700 or less, a couple dollars above that is fine as well

-I also want to be able to play ANY game out there (or at least the popular ones, like BF3, BF4, planetside 2, MWO, etc), and preferably be able to play any game at around 60 FPS (30 is the MINIMUM FPS I want to play at).

If anyone can help me put together a build, I would be very appreciative.

Also, a side note, I am rather fond of the i5 3570k, because my friends all have them & they talk about how great they are (my one friend is even able to play games like MWO on his i5 with integrated graphics with no problem), so if that can fit in the build I would love it as well.

More about : advice budget build

November 4, 2013 11:22:04 AM

MattMayhem said:
I'll try & be short & sweet with this because I tend to write a LOT.

Things I want out of my build:

-I want a build that can give me as much gaming performance as humanly possible, for as cheap as possible.

-I want to spend about $700 or less, a couple dollars above that is fine as well

-I also want to be able to play ANY game out there (or at least the popular ones, like BF3, BF4, planetside 2, MWO, etc), and preferably be able to play any game at around 60 FPS (30 is the MINIMUM FPS I want to play at).

If anyone can help me put together a build, I would be very appreciative.

Also, a side note, I am rather fond of the i5 3570k, because my friends all have them & they talk about how great they are (my one friend is even able to play games like MWO on his i5 with integrated graphics with no problem), so if that can fit in the build I would love it as well.


My brother just bought a 618 dollar build.
The 3570k is overkill for your budget..

I just made this for you. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Xnqn This is a great PC and it can ply BF4 on ultra 1080 on about 45fps, on high, over 60.

Ofcourse when someone says they have a budget, we assume that 700 WITHOUT windows...So its 700$ withough windows, do you have another 100?
m
0
l
November 4, 2013 11:25:00 AM

If you dont mind, I can put a better CPU for like 20$ more but it would mean you have to get an AMD cpu and MOBO if you dont mind...but its so far 706 WITHOUT windows 7/8

maximum how much would you pay.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 4, 2013 11:27:32 AM

Also, there is no wifi adapter in the build i put together....let me know what you want me to change from http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Xnqn so i can put a wifi adapter or will you be using Ethernet?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 4, 2013 11:38:04 AM

I know you want an i5 CPU, but that's rather expensive for your budget, the CPU doesn't have that much impact on gaming as the GPU. The CPU just have to be able to keep the pace of the GPU.

That said, I think you can get a better GPU by jumping on the AMD train so, here's my proposed build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($247.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $701.66
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-04 14:35 EST-0500)
m
0
l
November 4, 2013 12:00:45 PM

I gotta say thanks you guys, you are amazing.

I kinda figured the 3570k would be a little overkill, I just really like it because it's so powerful hahaha.

Also, a few notes:
-I do not need wi-fi (I'm a hardline kinda guy, and my modem sits like 6 inches away from my PC)
-I do not need windows, as I already have a bootable USB device ready to go with Windows 7 64 bit
-Max I would want to pay... I'm not really sure, I would say maybe $725-ish

Mirakledba: I LOVE your build. It's got a nice, fast Intel quad-core, a 270x (which I'm a huge fan of) and nice RAM, so far, I'm loving it, though I still need to look at the MoBo to see what features it has.

I want my MoBo to have a lot of upgradeability (as much as possible for my budget), so things like lots of USB ports, plenty of RAM slots, overclocking capability, etc, are important.

PepitoTV: I love your build as well, it has a pretty beefy GPU (that's actually the GPU I wanted in my original build), and an 8 core CPU.

A note on that as well, I don't need an optical drive, as I am scrapping the one from my old PC, it's a decent read/write optical drive & it works just fine, so I'll be keeping it, so that saves like $15 off your build.

I like both builds so far, they are both very solid builds and would be happy with either one really. I would like to see some more as well, just to see what people can come up with, but for now these are great & I appreciate it :D 
m
0
l
November 4, 2013 12:06:21 PM

MattMayhem said:
I gotta say thanks you guys, you are amazing.

I kinda figured the 3570k would be a little overkill, I just really like it because it's so powerful hahaha.

Also, a few notes:
-I do not need wi-fi (I'm a hardline kinda guy, and my modem sits like 6 inches away from my PC)
-I do not need windows, as I already have a bootable USB device ready to go with Windows 7 64 bit
-Max I would want to pay... I'm not really sure, I would say maybe $725-ish

Mirakledba: I LOVE your build. It's got a nice, fast Intel quad-core, a 270x (which I'm a huge fan of) and nice RAM, so far, I'm loving it, though I still need to look at the MoBo to see what features it has.

I want my MoBo to have a lot of upgradeability (as much as possible for my budget), so things like lots of USB ports, plenty of RAM slots, overclocking capability, etc, are important.

PepitoTV: I love your build as well, it has a pretty beefy GPU (that's actually the GPU I wanted in my original build), and an 8 core CPU.

A note on that as well, I don't need an optical drive, as I am scrapping the one from my old PC, it's a decent read/write optical drive & it works just fine, so I'll be keeping it, so that saves like $15 off your build.

I like both builds so far, they are both very solid builds and would be happy with either one really. I would like to see some more as well, just to see what people can come up with, but for now these are great & I appreciate it :D 


Ok let me find you a good motherboard. brb.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 4, 2013 12:08:18 PM

MattMayhem said:
I gotta say thanks you guys, you are amazing.

I kinda figured the 3570k would be a little overkill, I just really like it because it's so powerful hahaha.

Also, a few notes:
-I do not need wi-fi (I'm a hardline kinda guy, and my modem sits like 6 inches away from my PC)
-I do not need windows, as I already have a bootable USB device ready to go with Windows 7 64 bit
-Max I would want to pay... I'm not really sure, I would say maybe $725-ish

Mirakledba: I LOVE your build. It's got a nice, fast Intel quad-core, a 270x (which I'm a huge fan of) and nice RAM, so far, I'm loving it, though I still need to look at the MoBo to see what features it has.

I want my MoBo to have a lot of upgradeability (as much as possible for my budget), so things like lots of USB ports, plenty of RAM slots, overclocking capability, etc, are important.

PepitoTV: I love your build as well, it has a pretty beefy GPU (that's actually the GPU I wanted in my original build), and an 8 core CPU.

A note on that as well, I don't need an optical drive, as I am scrapping the one from my old PC, it's a decent read/write optical drive & it works just fine, so I'll be keeping it, so that saves like $15 off your build.

I like both builds so far, they are both very solid builds and would be happy with either one really. I would like to see some more as well, just to see what people can come up with, but for now these are great & I appreciate it :D 


Ok your build will be just a bit over 720 after this...


http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z77mag45

USB 3.0, has 4 ram slots, you can put 2 graphics cards
Its micro atx so its not huge.
Corsair H100i liquid Cooler fits and if you plan on Upgrading the CPU in the future you can have peace of mind that an h100i will work on it
DDR3 2667(OC)/ 2400(OC) it can OC and its 99$ originally but there is a discount.. :) 
Scroll down to see how it looks in some builds? What do you think? :) 

UPDATE: Its 95$ online....if you dont mind paying 28$ over 700 that would be good! :D 

Only 28 more :)  is that fine?

Its a beast budget PC....I wouldnt really call it budget :)  Buddy i would LOVE it if you picked me as best answer as i've been on all day trying to get badges :) 
Share
November 4, 2013 1:08:09 PM

Ok I am going to bed in 30 minutes so please reply to the above. That is a perfect build for you. Please pick as solution cause it took me a while to find the stuff xD
m
0
l
November 6, 2013 1:27:45 PM

I picked you as best answer, even though I think I might go with PepitoTV's build. I like the 7950 better than the 270x, more power for gaming = a happier me. Plus I like having an 8-core CPU, multi-tasking will be a BREEZE on that.
m
0
l
November 6, 2013 1:34:24 PM

MattMayhem said:
I picked you as best answer, even though I think I might go with PepitoTV's build. I like the 7950 better than the 270x, more power for gaming = a happier me. Plus I like having an 8-core CPU, multi-tasking will be a BREEZE on that.


Ok thats fine :)  eNJOYE
m
0
l
November 6, 2013 1:34:39 PM

MattMayhem said:
I picked you as best answer, even though I think I might go with PepitoTV's build. I like the 7950 better than the 270x, more power for gaming = a happier me. Plus I like having an 8-core CPU, multi-tasking will be a BREEZE on that.


Ok thats fine :)  enjoy** :D 
m
0
l
!