$150 To Spend, Astro A40 or Razer Blackwiddow??

roguecatfish

Honorable
May 5, 2013
So I have a spare $150 dollars to spend and I am sort of torn about what to get. I currently have a Logitech speaker set and a Dell keyboard that I got for $1 so the audio is fine but the keyboard is not the greatest. So I have two options, I could just go out to Best Buy and get the blackwiddow or I could save up another $100 and get the A40's. There's nothing wrong with my speakers, I also have turtle beach X12's but they are terrible. Also, what is the return policy on the A40's for Amazon if they are not comfortable? Are they comfortable? And should I wait until black Friday, will there be good deals on the keyboard and the headset that are worth waiting for? Thanks.

Solution
I own a pair of Astro A40s, and I will never buy another headset. They are really comfortable and lightweight, I wear glasses which most headsets push into my head, but I don't get any glasses related pain unless I'm playing an all-nighter with friends. While getting a good keyboard is nice, I'd say that you'd be better getting the A40s. I don't think you'll find a deal for the A40s on Black Friday/ Cyber Monday, but you may be able to find one for the keyboard (although I'm not a fan of the black widow's feel, I like my Corsair k70). The Astros are expensive but they will be the last headset you buy.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Newegg and amazon both have black november deals going on all month, not to mention cyber monday and blakc friday itself. I would wait until then, if there isnt a sale on either of those two items (unlikely) then you can just purchase one of them after the holiday

P1nnacle

Distinguished
I own a pair of Astro A40s, and I will never buy another headset. They are really comfortable and lightweight, I wear glasses which most headsets push into my head, but I don't get any glasses related pain unless I'm playing an all-nighter with friends. While getting a good keyboard is nice, I'd say that you'd be better getting the A40s. I don't think you'll find a deal for the A40s on Black Friday/ Cyber Monday, but you may be able to find one for the keyboard (although I'm not a fan of the black widow's feel, I like my Corsair k70). The Astros are expensive but they will be the last headset you buy.

Solution
I honestly think you should wait until Black Friday and see which one is cheaper and buy that; you might even have enough money to buy both of them!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg