Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My First Gaming PC Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 5, 2013 8:20:39 PM

So I started a little mission to make my first PC Build, and i was just looking for some opinions on the builds or someone to spot out flaws :3 I wanted to make a gaming PC, which i will use often in my spare time (I have a lot of spare time).

I'm from New Zealand and the pricing of the items differ (LARGELY) when compared to the US Prices (some items here are over three times the prices in the US). Pricing won't matter for now, so I'm using listing from Newegg.

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard LGA1150
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v Water Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1866MHz DDR3 1866
-I couldn't find the right link to the RAM I wanted so i provided an alternative Newegg link and a link to the product I wanted on a New Zealand Site.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/2x8GB-GSKILL-Ripjaws...

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Storage: Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD20EFRX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Solid State Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ...
Optical Drive: LG 24X DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM2 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Case Fans: Cooler Master MegaFlow 200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I heard that Windows 8.1 has bugs like mouse lag, which is bad for gaming, but hopefully all will be fixed by the time i actually get money to pay for this build.

A Case is not included in this build because of some small changes I did to my list before. Case options would be appreciated, something good for gaming PC's but not very expensive.

All help appreciated :) 

More about : gaming build

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2013 8:27:46 PM
Share

I recommend the Azza Solano for a case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I recommend getting this SSD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recommend going with Corsair for CPU cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And recommend getting a 280X over the 770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

November 5, 2013 8:33:37 PM

that mobo is pretty legit, Its the intel answer to the amd ASUS Crosshair v Formula-z.. pretty damn decent.

as far as case options its really up to you. You plan to watercool? You'll need a larger area to work with, so get a full tower. Do you like the clean and simple look, or like me and like the flashy crazy and exotic shapped cases?

Aerocool, and coolermaster make decent looking cases.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2013 8:35:18 PM

16gb of ram on a gaming rig would be wasted.8gb would suffice. Invest the money in the gpu
November 6, 2013 4:36:04 PM

patrick47018 said:
I recommend the Azza Solano for a case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I recommend getting this SSD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recommend going with Corsair for CPU cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And recommend getting a 280X over the 770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Hey patrick47018, thanks for the reply,
Sadly no 'Azza' brand computer cases can be found in my country, or at least on sites like MightyApe and PCPartPicker.
I like the idea of going for the Samsung 840 EVO, and I like the alternative water cooler :)  I'm a bit shady on choosing the R9 280x over the 770 though, (bit of a brand racist here sorry haha) I like the price of the R9 280X but I wouldn't need the extra 1GB VRAM it has, compared to the 770, plus I have very little experience with AMD/Radeon cards sorry. Thanks for the suggestions :) 
a b 4 Gaming
November 6, 2013 4:38:21 PM

AMD cards have always treated me well, if you decide to get one go for a Sapphire Toxic, Sapphire Vapor-X, or Gigabyte Windforce. The GTX770 with ACX Cooling is about the best of the 770's and is a great choice. Do you have the Rosewill Throne available where you are for a case?
November 6, 2013 4:43:30 PM

DRA6N said:
that mobo is pretty legit, Its the intel answer to the amd ASUS Crosshair v Formula-z.. pretty damn decent.

as far as case options its really up to you. You plan to watercool? You'll need a larger area to work with, so get a full tower. Do you like the clean and simple look, or like me and like the flashy crazy and exotic shapped cases?

Aerocool, and coolermaster make decent looking cases.


Yeah I like them designs :)  I feel it would be a waste to spend hundreds on a big high-end gaming computer rig just to be fitted into some square plain box lol. Gotta add a bit of detail i guess.. I'm hunting for some Cooler Master cases right now :3
a b 4 Gaming
November 6, 2013 4:45:43 PM

Do you like the Storm Trooper case by Cooler Master? It is a good one
November 6, 2013 4:54:03 PM

navask01 said:
16gb of ram on a gaming rig would be wasted.8gb would suffice. Invest the money in the gpu


Oh I see.. thanks for the heads up

patrick47018 said:
AMD cards have always treated me well, if you decide to get one go for a Sapphire Toxic, Sapphire Vapor-X, or Gigabyte Windforce. The GTX770 with ACX Cooling is about the best of the 770's and is a great choice. Do you have the Rosewill Throne available where you are for a case?


Okay, maybe in the future I'll consider making a change to AMD/Radeon. I remember the name being mentioned somewhere but I searched for it here and sadly no results. The only brands available (according to PCPartPicker) for a case are Antec, BitFenix, CoolerMaster, Corsair, Fractal Design, Lian-Li, NZXT, Silverstone, and Thermaltake. (http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/parts/case/)
a b 4 Gaming
November 6, 2013 5:56:06 PM

Do you like the Storm Trooper case by Cooler Master? It is a good one
November 8, 2013 1:32:05 PM

patrick47018 said:
Do you like the Storm Trooper case by Cooler Master? It is a good one


yeah I saw a listing of that case here in NZ, and it looks pretty good. I'm thinking of getting it :D 
a b 4 Gaming
November 8, 2013 6:47:33 PM

Well good luck and happy gaming
!