Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

blue screen error..

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 6, 2013 2:17:44 AM

i have corsair 8 gb ram 1600MHz......shows blue screen error between playing games...even my pc crashed and hanged too.....just did a memtest results are as follow:
at test #9 module 20,random pattern
error confidence value 181
lowest error add:00204560030
highest " " :00204560030
bits in error mask:08000000
bits in error total:1
min:1
max:1
avg:1
i don't understand what this results mean....
max contiguous error:1
currently my pc is running on Kingston 4gb 1600mhz and is very stable...
my pc specs :
i7-3770 mobo: DZ75ML-45
8gb corsair 1600 mhz
currently operating on Kingston 4gb 1600mhz
psu 600watts cooler master thunder
hd 7770 1gb ddr5 xfx GHz edition
pls help...

More about : blue screen error

a c 1944 } Memory
November 6, 2013 2:22:06 PM

So you have a 4GB Kingston and 1 stick (8GB) of Corsair or 2 4GB sticks of Corsair - and are you trying to run them all together or just the Corsair? I f just the Corsair, shut down, clear the CMOS, direction in your mobo manual, install the stick (s), boot to BIOS and Enable XMP and select profile 1 and try that
m
0
l
November 6, 2013 10:06:24 PM

Tradesman1 said:
So you have a 4GB Kingston and 1 stick (8GB) of Corsair or 2 4GB sticks of Corsair - and are you trying to run them all together or just the Corsair? I f just the Corsair, shut down, clear the CMOS, direction in your mobo manual, install the stick (s), boot to BIOS and Enable XMP and select profile 1 and try that
what is XMP....????

m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 1944 } Memory
November 6, 2013 10:11:05 PM

XMP is a standard Intel developed to enhance easy set up of DRAM (eXtreme Memory Profiles) it's in efffect, data in the SPD of the DRAM containing the essestial data need for the rig to run the DRAM at optimal settings, the BIOS is suppose to read this data nad implement it for you. What CPU and mobo are you using and what are the model numbers of the DRAM?
m
0
l
November 6, 2013 10:45:39 PM

Tradesman1 said:
XMP is a standard Intel developed to enhance easy set up of DRAM (eXtreme Memory Profiles) it's in efffect, data in the SPD of the DRAM containing the essestial data need for the rig to run the DRAM at optimal settings, the BIOS is suppose to read this data nad implement it for you. What CPU and mobo are you using and what are the model numbers of the DRAM?

how to enable xmp in bios i could nt find any ....pls explain it with proper step my mobo model is already given
m
0
l
a c 1944 } Memory
November 6, 2013 10:49:38 PM

Should be in the Advanced section of the bIOS, may wnat to check your manual I don't use Intel manufactured mobos (sorry missed the model up there earlier)
m
0
l
November 6, 2013 11:36:06 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Should be in the Advanced section of the bIOS, may wnat to check your manual I don't use Intel manufactured mobos (sorry missed the model up there earlier)


i just rode in some blog xmp changes the voltage input of ram ...do you know the optimal voltage so that i can do it manually ...because i suspect it as a power failure maybe it need some more juice ...and yes can it be possible that my 8gig corsair ram is defective..and yes this is the ram model:corsair CMV8GX3M1A1600C11 8 Gb
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 1944 } Memory
November 7, 2013 6:54:35 PM

Once XMP is enabled reboot back to BIOS the DRAM should be at 1.5 voltage and timings should be 11-11-11-30 and the CR (Command Rate) should be 2T or 2N, might want to kick DRAM voltage to 1.575 and try (1600 with a CL11 is on the weak side and it may need a more continuous flow of voltage
Share
November 14, 2013 9:28:40 AM

Tradesman1 said:
Once XMP is enabled reboot back to BIOS the DRAM should be at 1.5 voltage and timings should be 11-11-11-30 and the CR (Command Rate) should be 2T or 2N, might want to kick DRAM voltage to 1.575 and try (1600 with a CL11 is on the weak side and it may need a more continuous flow of voltage

got my ram replaced now working good and no bsod...by the way thanks for the help....
m
0
l
a c 1944 } Memory
November 14, 2013 12:08:51 PM

No worries, that's what we're here for ;) 
m
0
l
!