840 EVO Rapid mode disable failure

speedracer98

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010

i have ahci enabled on all ports except 4/5 but i only use 01 and 2 anyway. any other ideas? if i changed to ide i wouldnt be able to boot into windows

speedracer98

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010

Now it just says "Status Retrieving information..."
The Target Drive drop down list is empty as well. When I click on the arrow it doesnt have anything listed. I tried stopping the service and everything. nothing works so far...

I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure that RAPID mode requires Samsung Magician to be installed in order for it to run.

If you uninstalled Samsung Magician (and then reinstalled it), what makes you think that RAPID mode is running? Are you getting some kind of message?

If the target drive drop down list is empty that means that Magician has not recognized your SSD, so I'm pretty sure that RAPID mode is not enabled.

speedracer98

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010

The rapid mode service (SamsungRapidSvc) is running in the background. Since I uninstalled magician and reinstalled, the rapid mode window is not loading completely. it still says Status Retrieving information... and this has been the case since my last post. the enable/disable button is GONE because magician can't figure it out whether rapid mode is on or off. All i wanted to do was turn off rapid mode so i can update firmware and now this ssd is fucked up.

speedracer98

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
I forgot all about this thread lol. it turns out when I cloned the previous drive I was using over to the samsung 840 evo this is the root of the problem. I did a completely fresh install of windows and the program worked out perfectly after that!