Solved

AMD FX-9370 8-Core Black Edition 4.4Ghz Socket AM3 vs Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme 3.6Ghz Six Core 15MB Cache - Socket LGA2011

AMD FX-9370 8-Core Black Edition 4.4Ghz Socket AM3 vs Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme 3.6Ghz Six Core 15MB Cache - Socket LGA2011, which one is the best?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 9370 core black edition 4ghz socket am3 intel core 4960x extreme 6ghz core 15mb cache socket lga2011
  1. I7 4960X by a thousand miles, no comparison at all.

    The FX9370 is essentially an overclocked 8350. Which compares to the 4670K. So as you can see, there is really no comparison.

    HOWEVER neither is worth buying unless you do A HELL of a lot of professional work on it.
  2. Novuake said:
    I7 4960X by a thousand miles, no comparison at all.

    The FX9370 is essentially an overclocked 8350. Which compares to the 4670K. So as you can see, there is really no comparison.

    HOWEVER neither is worth buying unless you do A HELL of a lot of professional work on it.


    What do you mean by "professional work" ? Also i should i get i7-4770k but it only has 3.4Ghz
  3. Best answer
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-4.html

    Read that page, it explains it well.

    GHz speed is not the only thing that matters. And if you keep the 4770K cool, then it runs @ 3.9GHz.

    I am guessing you want to build a gaming PC?

    If you give us your budget, games you want to play and where you are purchasing from, we can help you a lot easier.
  4. The 4960x is better.

    The 4770k is only 3.4, but with a decent $50 cooler you can get it to 4.2Ghz (and maybe more depending on how lucky you are with your chip) easily.
  5. Novuake said:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-4.html

    Read that page, it explains it well.

    GHz speed is not the only thing that matters. And if you keep the 4770K cool, then it runs @ 3.9GHz.

    I am guessing you want to build a gaming PC?

    If you give us your budget, games you want to play and where you are purchasing from, we can help you a lot easier.


    Sure, I'm getting a Blackops Hardwired PC (http://www.hardwiredpc.com.au/product/1-blackops)
    My games: Mainly BF4, PlanetSide 2, Mercs Vs Spies and Arma 3
    Budget: $1000-3000 (Note: I generally want the top of the range gaming desktops) Also for those who are wondering i am getting a "Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid Cooler for CPU"
  6. Personally I would get the 4770k, with a good cooler and spend the rest of the budget on a very nice GPU setup and a 1440p monitor.


    What about this for a $3000(ish) build?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.75 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($329.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($98.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor ($549.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $3126.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 06:25 EST-0500)
  7. RobCrezz said:
    Personally I would get the 4770k, with a good cooler and spend the rest of the budget on a very nice GPU setup and a 1440p monitor.


    What about this for a $3000(ish) build?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.75 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($329.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($98.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor ($549.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $3126.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 06:25 EST-0500)


    2 780's? Overkill.
  8. Alpha3031 said:
    RobCrezz said:
    Personally I would get the 4770k, with a good cooler and spend the rest of the budget on a very nice GPU setup and a 1440p monitor.


    What about this for a $3000(ish) build?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.75 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($329.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($509.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($98.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor ($549.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $3126.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 06:25 EST-0500)


    2 780's? Overkill.


    Did you miss the 1440p monitor? If you want to run at 1440p with ultra detail etc, this will do the job well. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Core Intel i7 Socket Cache CPUs AMD Intel