Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help with building a new pc

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • AMD
  • Gigabyte
  • Systems
  • MSI
  • G.SKILL
  • Counter Strike
Last response: in Systems
Share
November 7, 2013 11:51:57 AM

AMD X8 FX-8350 4.0GHz BOX

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

Radeon R9 270X MSI 2GB DDR5 DVI&HDMI&DP (PCI-E)

G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz CL7

OCZ ZS Series 650W non-Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V

SilentiumPC Brutus M23 Pure Black BT-M23 - USB 3.0

WD AV Green Power 500GB WD5000AUDX 32MB cache Serial ATA/600

Is everything ok here or should i change something?? i want pc for gaming and multitasking
thx for help

More about : building

a b 4 Gaming
a b Å Counterstrike
November 7, 2013 12:00:07 PM

Do you have a budget, would you be okay with overclocking? Give me some more info, possibly what games you want to play and I will put something together.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 7, 2013 12:01:24 PM

Do not get green drives, they're slow for system drives. Go with a WD Blue drive.
And if you can add a SSD, this will make the system really fast
m
0
l
Related resources
November 7, 2013 12:09:39 PM

godfish said:
Do you have a budget, would you be okay with overclocking? Give me some more info, possibly what games you want to play and I will put something together.


ofc i have :(  i cant go much more expensive than already is

im ok with oc

i want to play new games in high/ultra like BF4 ,AC4, witcher 3
thx for helping

lp231 said:
Do not get green drives, they're slow for system drives. Go with a WD Blue drive.
And if you can add a SSD, this will make the system really fast

thx man i will
m
0
l
November 7, 2013 12:13:21 PM

lp231 said:
Do not get green drives, they're slow for system drives. Go with a WD Blue drive.
And if you can add a SSD, this will make the system really fast


Yes. I use a 2TB green for my media, which occasionally takes a few seconds to respond when I start my music. But an SSD for OS, and it is amazing. Other than that, those parts look great.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b Å Counterstrike
November 7, 2013 12:23:13 PM

Well your current build looks great, I would go with this, got a better video card and the only difference between the FX-8320 and 8350 is its stock clock speed, so with this cooler you should be able to run it higher than the 8350.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($158.97 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($235.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.78 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $780.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 15:20 EST-0500)
This cooler would make it run much cooler, because it is liquid cooling.
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Newegg)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 7, 2013 12:39:06 PM

PyjamasCat said:
lp231 said:
Do not get green drives, they're slow for system drives. Go with a WD Blue drive.
And if you can add a SSD, this will make the system really fast


Yes. I use a 2TB green for my media, which occasionally takes a few seconds to respond when I start my music. But an SSD for OS, and it is amazing. Other than that, those parts look great.


Same here, got a 2TB green for storing media. I don't access it too much so it's good that it doesn't use up too much power when idle.
Also have a 2TB red in my system and it works great too.
I have my SDD connected to a WD Black drive.
m
0
l
November 7, 2013 1:01:52 PM

godfish said:
Well your current build looks great, I would go with this, got a better video card and the only difference between the FX-8320 and 8350 is its stock clock speed, so with this cooler you should be able to run it higher than the 8350.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($158.97 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($235.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.78 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $780.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 15:20 EST-0500)
This cooler would make it run much cooler, because it is liquid cooling.
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Newegg)



Well im not specialist on oc or something so will it be hard to oc this ??
and how this build will work in games??




m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 7, 2013 2:36:23 PM

970 chipset motherboard is a little bit limited because it has less options to manually tweak, but you should still be able to get pretty good results.

Here is a guide for configuring RAM:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

It will be good enough for gaming especially with some OC.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b Å Counterstrike
November 7, 2013 2:42:06 PM

danti said:
godfish said:
Well your current build looks great, I would go with this, got a better video card and the only difference between the FX-8320 and 8350 is its stock clock speed, so with this cooler you should be able to run it higher than the 8350.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($158.97 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($235.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.78 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $780.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 15:20 EST-0500)
This cooler would make it run much cooler, because it is liquid cooling.
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Newegg)



Well im not specialist on oc or something so will it be hard to oc this ??
and how this build will work in games??





Overclocking will not be difficult, may check to see if that motherboard handles overclocking fine. This build should run new games on highest at 1080 just fine.
This video shows just how well the build will run BF4, on ultra at 1920x1080. And the build in the video has a little bit worse processor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrLMXcwHz44
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a b Å Counterstrike
November 7, 2013 2:47:32 PM

Just checked, that board won an award from OverClocked Inside for being the Overclocking Price tip, so I would assume it will handle overclocking well.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 7, 2013 4:00:54 PM

lp231 said:
PyjamasCat said:
lp231 said:
Do not get green drives, they're slow for system drives. Go with a WD Blue drive.
And if you can add a SSD, this will make the system really fast


Yes. I use a 2TB green for my media, which occasionally takes a few seconds to respond when I start my music. But an SSD for OS, and it is amazing. Other than that, those parts look great.


Same here, got a 2TB green for storing media. I don't access it too much so it's good that it doesn't use up too much power when idle.
Also have a 2TB red in my system and it works great too.
I have my SDD connected to a WD Black drive.


I have a 1TB green drive for storing media and the wait time isn't even that noticeable at all!
m
0
l
November 8, 2013 2:56:30 AM

thx for advice 7950 isnt much more expensive then R9 270x but will it handle new technology like mantle?


I checked and in my country build:
AMD X8 FX-8350 4.0GHz BOX
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3
Radeon 7950 MSI 3GB DDR5 HDMI&DVI&2xminiDP (PCI-E)
Seagate 1 TB Barracuda (64MB, SATA/600)
G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz CL7
Corsair CX Series 600W ATX, 80 Plus Bronze Certified, EU Version
SilentiumPC Brutus BT-410 Pure Black

is cheaper then buying 8320 with cpu cooler and better motherboard

and thanks again for help.

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b Å Counterstrike
November 8, 2013 9:16:25 AM

No problem!
m
0
l
!