Solved

Is physx worth it?

So this Christmas I may be getting either a 780 or a r9-290, and wanted to know if Physx was really worth it, these are some of the games I am going to play, Battlefield 4, Splinter cell Blacklist, Batman Arkham Origins, (possibly) Assassins creed 4, Watch dogs, and titanfall. Please help me and thank you!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about physx worth
  1. Well you do know you can run PhysX on your CPU if you have an AMD card
  2. This is down to personnel preference, I have used it around a friends place and I wasn't really that moved.
  3. Best answer
    ImperialistMillitant said:
    This is down to personnel preference, I have used it around a friends place and I wasn't really that moved.


    Agreed, it isn't all that great, I mean it is a nice little added bonus and that's why when playing Borderlands I ran it off my CPU, because I could. I say go for a 290/290X. Good luck
  4. patrick47018 said:
    ImperialistMillitant said:
    This is down to personnel preference, I have used it around a friends place and I wasn't really that moved.


    Agreed, it isn't all that great, I mean it is a nice little added bonus and that's why when playing Borderlands I ran it off my CPU, because I could. I say go for a 290/290X. Good luck


    I agree as well, I vote R9 290.
  5. So is running it off your CPU going to decrease performance drastically? Is a FX-8320 enough? Thanks!
  6. LittleYo10 said:
    So is running it off your CPU going to decrease performance drastically? Is a FX-8320 enough? Thanks!


    Should be more than enough of a CPU and seeing how most games are way more GPU intensive than CPU intensive it shouldn't affect performance all that much either
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Games Physx Graphics