fx 8350 stress test on stock

vaynard

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
is it safe to run prime 95 and intel burn test on stock cooler and stock settings on a fx 8350?
did a short test max temp went up to 56c max idles at 50c to 53c

Solution
As a happy 8150 owner, I'm guessing your 8350 will overheat, poop out on a few of the Prime 95 threads, and happily run for the duration of the time you let it on the remaining threads.

The only concern you may have is overstressing the power circuitry of your motherboard. Modern CPUs such as your 8350 are designed to run at their highest power draw for as little as possible, so manufacturers of motherboards sometimes cut corners on their power circuitry. Not the processor's fault, but some boards blow when stressed. Pays not to cut corners when you buy your motherboard, just as with your PSU. Some things you just need to be able to handle whatever stress you might subject them to without falling over.
At any settings those wont harm it. I can tell you since that is the stock cpu cooler from amd it is going to overheat and crash before you get anywhere.
EDIT: By crashing I meant that once the cpu gets to hot it simply shuts down, so no harm can be done as it will turn the system off to save itself.

vaynard

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013

when stress testing it idles at 50c to 52c on regular use its at 16c to 25c. kinda low compared to my phenom 955 not sure if its a software error im using hwmonitor.

Under a stock cooler either you are in a freezer or the temps are wrong. Also what do you mean idles under a stress test? Stress tests run at 100% or nothing typically. But those temps seem wrong, check coretemp, speedfan, and even the BIOS if you have to.

vaynard

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013

sory i ment on prime 95 and intel burn test temps are at 50c to 53c most of the time and would spike up to 56c for a short time and go back down. ill try to down load core temp and speed fan and give it a try

As a happy 8150 owner, I'm guessing your 8350 will overheat, poop out on a few of the Prime 95 threads, and happily run for the duration of the time you let it on the remaining threads.

The only concern you may have is overstressing the power circuitry of your motherboard. Modern CPUs such as your 8350 are designed to run at their highest power draw for as little as possible, so manufacturers of motherboards sometimes cut corners on their power circuitry. Not the processor's fault, but some boards blow when stressed. Pays not to cut corners when you buy your motherboard, just as with your PSU. Some things you just need to be able to handle whatever stress you might subject them to without falling over.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS