Solved

looking for 2700$ build help

hi, am looking to build my first pc, iv'e read many builds but i want a perfect one that will play games at ultra with no problem. also i want it to be liquid cooling build or something awesome
23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 2700 build
  1. gtx 780 ti >.> or r9 290x
  2. tofo said:
    hi, am looking to build my first pc, iv'e read many builds but i want a perfect one that will play games at ultra with no problem. also i want it to be liquid cooling build or something awesome


    custom liquid cooling or H100i liquid cooling?
  3. i have no idea i just posted 2 posts by mistake lol am dumb when it comes to tech. i dont think i can afford custom liquid cooling i just want to cool my (future) gpu and cpu
  4. tofo said:
    i have no idea i just posted 2 posts by mistake lol am dumb when it comes to tech. i dont think i can afford custom liquid cooling i just want to cool my (future) gpu and cpu


    Do you just want the pc , or monitor etc as well?
  5. Best answer
    There are two SSD's a 120gb for the OS system and a 250gb for your games , whilst you also have a 2TB HDD for any other files

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z8XO
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z8XO/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z8XO/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K ($319.75 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i ($124.99 @ Microcenter)
    Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX4 4g ($7.05 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ($374.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB ($184.25 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB ($98.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB ($174.93 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti ($735.66 @ Newegg)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 750D ($139.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair AX760W ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium ($84.98 @ OutletPC)


    Total: $2645.55

    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-08 05:33 EST-0500)
  6. Something like this?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($124.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($182.90 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 450 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Constellation ES.2 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($171.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($514.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($514.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($133.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2618.78
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-08 05:41 EST-0500)

    Or do you need Monitor, mouse and keyboard too?
  7. Check your PMs.
  8. do you think 2 gtx 780 better than 1 titan or gtx 780 ti?
  9. tofo said:
    do you think 2 gtx 780 better than 1 titan or gtx 780 ti?


    Titan is awful , no reason to buy unless youre a developer

    two 780's will trounce a 780ti

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z97y

    Change psu to AX860 to allow you to overlclock
  10. ed d said:
    tofo said:
    do you think 2 gtx 780 better than 1 titan or gtx 780 ti?


    Titan is awful , no reason to buy unless youre a developer

    two 780's will trounce a 780ti

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z97y

    Change psu to AX860 to allow you to overlclock


    Just out of curiosity. Why the corsair case? Price?
  11. which one is better for strorage and cpu these:
    Corsair Neutron Series GTX 2.5-Inch 240GB 6Gb/s SATA 3 Exclusive LAMD LM87800 Toggle SSD CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK
    intel 4930k
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or the ones mentioned above
  12. tofo said:
    which one is better for strorage and cpu these:
    Corsair Neutron Series GTX 2.5-Inch 240GB 6Gb/s SATA 3 Exclusive LAMD LM87800 Toggle SSD CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK
    intel 4930k
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or the ones mentioned above


    Unless your are heavily editing and/or rendering then the 4930K would be pointless and offer minimal gaming performance
  13. ZionZA said:
    ed d said:
    tofo said:
    do you think 2 gtx 780 better than 1 titan or gtx 780 ti?


    Titan is awful , no reason to buy unless youre a developer

    two 780's will trounce a 780ti

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z97y

    Change psu to AX860 to allow you to overlclock


    Just out of curiosity. Why the corsair case? Price?


    OP hinted at watercooling in the future, the 750D is very good for this whilst also not being huge. It has a sleek look and full side window to show off the rig.

    Allows for cards to have a lot airflow if he is going to sli.
  14. ed d said:
    ZionZA said:
    ed d said:
    tofo said:
    do you think 2 gtx 780 better than 1 titan or gtx 780 ti?


    Titan is awful , no reason to buy unless youre a developer

    two 780's will trounce a 780ti

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Z97y

    Change psu to AX860 to allow you to overlclock


    Just out of curiosity. Why the corsair case? Price?


    OP hinted at watercooling in the future, the 750D is very good for this whilst also not being huge. It has a sleek look and full side window to show off the rig.

    Allows for cards to have a lot airflow if he is going to sli.


    How would you rate the Coolermaster HAF X for the same function?


  15. It can be done , however you would have to mod the case slightly to cool 2 gpu's and cpu



    have you loop already figured out etc
  16. ed d said:


    It can be done , however you would have to mod the case slightly to cool 2 gpu's and cpu



    have you loop already figured out etc


    you are a freakin beast nice pc, am having a reall hard time getting the parts i guess il go less than 4930k what do you suggest for high end ultra
  17. which games are you looking for?
  18. 4770k is the highest cpu you'll need

    780 evga classfied sli
  19. sora said:
    which games are you looking for?


    bf4, next gen games played in ultra
  20. my current parts, please comment
    ARCTIC MX-4 Carbon-Based Thermal Compound, Non-Electricity Conductive, Non-Capacitive, Non-Bleeding - 20g

    Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i - Corsair

    Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower Case CC-9011035-WW - Corsair

    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz (PC3 17000) Desktop, Red

    Corsair Professional Series 860 Watt Digital ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply AX860i

    ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    Intel i7-4820K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74820K

    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (03G-P4-2883-KR) Graphics Cards 03G-P4-2883-KR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total: 1972$ budget :2700$
  21. If it for gaming, the 4820k is pointless, if it more for editing then you can utilise it.

    Also with a lga 2011 board it should be used for sli so 780 sli will be better than 780ti


    Finally it is quad channel ram so you need 4 sticks , not two.
  22. ed d said:
    If it for gaming, the 4820k is pointless, if it more for editing then you can utilise it.

    Also with a lga 2011 board it should be used for sli so 780 sli will be better than 780ti


    Finally it is quad channel ram so you need 4 sticks , not two.


    this mobo is awesome cant i just upgrade too 2 sli gtx 780 ti then add 2 additional ram later on????>?
  23. tofo said:
    ed d said:
    If it for gaming, the 4820k is pointless, if it more for editing then you can utilise it.

    Also with a lga 2011 board it should be used for sli so 780 sli will be better than 780ti


    Finally it is quad channel ram so you need 4 sticks , not two.


    this mobo is awesome cant i just upgrade too 2 sli gtx 780 ti then add 2 additional ram later on????>?


    you can upgrade to 780ti sli, depends on your budget.

    also with the ram you'll be able to run on 2x8GB in dual channel without bothering the sytem, other than the performance is less than quad channel.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Homebuilt PC gaming AMD Nvidia Graphics Cards