can't download google chrome

Trying to download google chrome to a windows 7 laptop but the "download chrome" tab is unresponsive.
10 answers Last reply
More about download google chrome
  1. Downloading it from where?
  2. www.ninite.com

    try that website its good..


    ta
  3. USAFRet said:
    Downloading it from where?


    From the Google website. I've noticed that other tabs in the website aren't working either e.g troubleshooting.
  4. anne369 said:
    USAFRet said:
    Downloading it from where?


    From the Google website. I've noticed that other tabs in the website aren't working either e.g troubleshooting.


    www.google.com/chrome seems to work for me.
    Or try at ninite.com as mentioned above.

    Close and reopen your browser. See if that changes anything.
  5. olbot said:
    www.ninite.com

    try that website its good..


    ta


    USAFRet said:
    anne369 said:
    USAFRet said:
    Downloading it from where?


    From the Google website. I've noticed that other tabs in the website aren't working either e.g troubleshooting.


    www.google.com/chrome seems to work for me.
    Or try at ninite.com as mentioned above.

    Close and reopen your browser. See if that changes anything.
  6. Ninite.com was good and sorted out Google Chrome - thanks. However, I'm thinking now that my original problem was caused by some issue with Internet Explorer because when I use Chrome as the browser, everything is fine but if I use Internet Explorer some things aren't loading properly e.g. hotmail is just showing the sign up tab at the top of the screen but won't load. I've tried the option to reset it but that didn't make a difference. I also tried to reinstall it. I'm using Internet Explorer 10. First I tried to just reinstall and was given the message that I already had a newer version and therefore couldn't finish install. Then I tried turning off Internet Explorer in Windows settings and tried again. That didn't work either and I'm out of ideas now!
  7. anne369 said:
    Trying to download google chrome to a windows 7 laptop but the "download chrome" tab is unresponsive.


    download from www.filehippo.com this site keeps all old and latest versions and is friendly usable.
  8. if your on the later versions of Internet Explorer you may need to click on that compatibility tab / icon its in the navigation bar and looks like a bit of paper cracked in half or something. I personally use firefox


    try a SFC/scannow

    in a cmd prompt if there are any slight issues this may fix it for you, also it may require for cmd prompt to be opened "as administrator"
  9. olbot said:
    if your on the later versions of Internet Explorer you may need to click on that compatibility tab / icon its in the navigation bar and looks like a bit of paper cracked in half or something. I personally use firefox


    try a SFC/scannow

    in a cmd prompt if there are any slight issues this may fix it for you, also it may require for cmd prompt to be opened "as administrator"
  10. Tried SFC/scannow and there were no integrity issues. Couldn't see a compatibility tab and there were no options for this in any of the dropdowns. Think I might be better just abandoning IE and using Chrome or Firefox. Thanks for the suggestions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Chrome Apps Laptops Windows 7