Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

For my pc; Radeon, or Nvidia? and if so, what should I get?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 8, 2013 9:48:24 AM

Hey guys!

I'm stuck between graphics cards at the moment :( 

Currently I recently got a brand new pc (which I built myself) with these specs;
CPU;4.0ghz 8 core AMD FX8350,
Mobo; Asus M5A97 R2.0
Ram;16Gb(2X8gb) 1600Mhz corsiar vengence
Gpu: Some £21 cheap graphics card that is pretty good for the price!

Anyway, it was a very cheap build (£390 in the end) and i didn't buy a case (had a old one) Monitors (already had 2) and everything else which basically means i got a cheap graphics card so i could get on as soon as possible with my GCSE's coming up.

So, im looking to get a new, decent graphics card for roughly £100, but with my pc spec. had no clue what to get? Any ideas on what brand, and model? Im not a big gamer, but would love to have some decent fps on things like Minecraft/gmod ect. and I do intense VFX editing using aftereffects with something like 9 layers of 1080pp footage.
I'm running 2 monitors (so it must support mulit-monitor), and my MOBO can support 2 graphics card with CrossFire.

Thanks!
Isaac

More about : radeon nvidia

November 8, 2013 9:57:51 AM

Graphic cards are made by different companies and can be searched online for making final selection.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 9:58:42 AM

IsaacC said:
Hey guys!

I'm stuck between graphics cards at the moment :( 

Currently I recently got a brand new pc (which I built myself) with these specs;
CPU;4.0ghz 8 core AMD FX8350,
Mobo; Asus M5A97 R2.0
Ram;16Gb(2X8gb) 1600Mhz corsiar vengence
Gpu: Some £21 cheap graphics card that is pretty good for the price!

Anyway, it was a very cheap build (£390 in the end) and i didn't buy a case (had a old one) Monitors (already had 2) and everything else which basically means i got a cheap graphics card so i could get on as soon as possible with my GCSE's coming up.

So, im looking to get a new, decent graphics card for roughly £100, but with my pc spec. had no clue what to get? Any ideas on what brand, and model? Im not a big gamer, but would love to have some decent fps on things like Minecraft/gmod ect. and I do intense VFX editing using aftereffects with something like 9 layers of 1080pp footage.
I'm running 2 monitors (so it must support mulit-monitor), and my MOBO can support 2 graphics card with CrossFire.

Thanks!
Isaac


£100 pound is a tight budget, the best option would be a RADEON HD 7770. or a 7790.
These GPU's isn't the best but its the best for your budget, also the 7770 has Vapor-X Cooling which is very good for OC Potential! :)  :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 10:00:24 AM

Metalrenok said:
The best you could get is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-NVIDIA-GTX650Ti-PCI-E-...
Or this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-HD7790-DDR5-PCI-E-Graphics/...
Crossfiring low end cards doesn't increase performance that much, so it would be better to get a single GPU


The GTX 650ti is a absolute RIP OFF - you can get a 7770 or 7790 for the same amount of money and they are a lot better!
http://anandtech.com/bench/product/776?vs=781
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 10:01:35 AM

AndyC53 said:
IsaacC said:
Hey guys!

I'm stuck between graphics cards at the moment :( 

Currently I recently got a brand new pc (which I built myself) with these specs;
CPU;4.0ghz 8 core AMD FX8350,
Mobo; Asus M5A97 R2.0
Ram;16Gb(2X8gb) 1600Mhz corsiar vengence
Gpu: Some £21 cheap graphics card that is pretty good for the price!

Anyway, it was a very cheap build (£390 in the end) and i didn't buy a case (had a old one) Monitors (already had 2) and everything else which basically means i got a cheap graphics card so i could get on as soon as possible with my GCSE's coming up.

So, im looking to get a new, decent graphics card for roughly £100, but with my pc spec. had no clue what to get? Any ideas on what brand, and model? Im not a big gamer, but would love to have some decent fps on things like Minecraft/gmod ect. and I do intense VFX editing using aftereffects with something like 9 layers of 1080pp footage.
I'm running 2 monitors (so it must support mulit-monitor), and my MOBO can support 2 graphics card with CrossFire.

Thanks!
Isaac


£100 pound is a tight budget, the best option would be a RADEON HD 7770.
This GPU isn't the best but its the best for your budget, also it has Vapor-X Cooling which is very good for OC Potential! :)  :D 

Actually 7790 is still in his budget, because for some reason every single 7790 is on sale lol
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 10:24:21 AM

Check the 7790 I sent, is on sale and you could get more performance for 10 Euro more..
If not, get the XFX, it comes with a free game :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 10:25:46 AM

IsaacC said:
Thanks for all your help guys :D  I think i'm gonna go with a HD7770, but what if i get this
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-xfx-radeon-hd-7770-d...
Compared to
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Vapor-X-Radeon-Graphic...

I don't see for the more cash what i get?


For around 10 extra quid you just get a better cooling system. Which will help if you plan on overclocking. If you don't plan on OCing then go for the XFX one.
Share
November 8, 2013 10:27:11 AM

Okie-dokie, thanks andy :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 10:31:49 AM

IsaacC said:
Okie-dokie, thanks andy :) 


No probs - which one are you going for? The XFX one or the Sapphire one?
m
0
l
November 8, 2013 10:54:41 AM

AndyC53 said:
IsaacC said:
Okie-dokie, thanks andy :) 


No probs - which one are you going for? The XFX one or the Sapphire one?


XFX
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2013 11:03:28 AM

IsaacC said:
AndyC53 said:
IsaacC said:
Okie-dokie, thanks andy :) 


No probs - which one are you going for? The XFX one or the Sapphire one?


XFX


OK, Good. Hope it all goes well! Good luck.
m
0
l
!