My 8320+gigabyte 990fx ud3 r.3 build has an issue booting

awprimus

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
After overlocking my cpu to 4ghz the system will boot, shut off, then start up again and work as if nothing happened. Its not a major deal but I was wondering if someone knew what was happening because I couldn't seem to find any information on weather or not this is harmful. Thank you very much for your time.

Solution
Have you stressed test your OC? if you can run Prime95 for a few hours with no issues it "should" be fine.

I had a similar problem on a MSi P35 Neo mobo from the moment I bought it (2006), stock or OC it would turn on, then turn off then turn on again and work with no problems til this day, but who knows, maybe I just got lucky.
Have you stressed test your OC? if you can run Prime95 for a few hours with no issues it "should" be fine.

I had a similar problem on a MSi P35 Neo mobo from the moment I bought it (2006), stock or OC it would turn on, then turn off then turn on again and work with no problems til this day, but who knows, maybe I just got lucky.

Solution

awprimus

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Thank you so much bud! I went to work and stressed the overclock, turned off psu for about 15 minutes. Came back and it booted up like a harm. I cant tell you how much I appreciate the help :D

Well the stress test was to see if the system was stable and I guess it was, the stress test itself wasn't meant to fix the boot issue, but if the problem went away that's good news, still, there's the chance the problem will come back but hopefully won't.